1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

GDT: Steelers @ Ravens - ANY GIVEN SUNDAY

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The receivers are good, the QBs are crap.

2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I've seen multiple open receivers missed by Ben over the course of several seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    N
    Not sure what you’re getting at.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :puking 5:

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Me either.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Another worthless season down the tubes. Is Ben going to make that big of difference next year? Average receivers and running backs. No tight ends, an offensive line that doesn't have it anymore. These are the times that try men's soul.

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The eagles had more injuries than we did and won their division, difference between a good coach in pederson and a bad coach like the one we are stuck with....

8. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    They may have had more injuries but they didn't have their starting QB go down and that was important cause Wentz carried that team this year. It's tough to win without a good QB. Look what happened to Carolina and Detroit. Those teams just crumbled once they had to rely on marginal QBs. Or the Titans for that matter. They're season turned around once the got good QB play.

The Eagles also played in what was easily the worst division in the NFL this year. Jeff Sagarin has the Redskins and the Giants as the two worst teams in the league. They also played the easiest schedule in the entire league according to Sagarin. The Steelers were 20th. On another site I saw they had the Steelers 16th toughest schedule and Eagles the 29th.

So even with an easier schedule in the easiest division and their starting QB playing all 16 games the Eagles ended up one game better than the Steelers.

Pederson, who I think is a very good coach, may indeed be better than Tomlin, but the performance of the Eagles this year vs the Steelers isn't a very good argument in support of that.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1