1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

GDT: Steelers at Bengals 11/26/23

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Nov 26, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You don't know we don't have a HOF guy on the team now. None of those Guys had been HOF guys then....except maybe the Bus, and if Ben hadn't saved His a$$ on a tackle, and took Him to a SB, and won....even He maybe doesn't make the HOF....at the very least He doesn't make it there as fast as He did.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Faneca earned AP All-Pro honors for the fourth time in three seasons that year. He made the second team the other season. He was well on his way to the Hall and no lineman on this team is close. They also had a good center, Hartings, who was a hell of a lot better than Cole. Again, nobody on this current team is Hines Ward. Pickins is closer to Burress right now, but Johnson isn't even close to Ward.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You ,and I both know that doesn't make Him a shoe in for the HOF. Also how do win a honor 4 times in 3 season?? Also You aren't comparing DJ the same as Hines.....DJ 1st 3 years before Trubisky/KFP dwarfs what Hines 1st three years. You are looking at it after the fact. Nobody was calling anyone on that team HOFers in 2003....except maybe the Bus, and When Ben got there the Bus was about done.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Counting the Hall of Famers was shorthand for the 2004 team being better, so I was comparing 2004 Faneca to everybody on the current line and 2004 Ward to 2022 and 2023 Johnson. In both cases, it ain't close and you know it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Whatever you say. LoL

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You don't think Hines Ward in the prime of his career was much better than Diontae Johnson right now. You don't think Alan Faneca in his prime was better than every player the Steelers currently have on their offensive line right now. If those two statements are true, you know a lot less about football than I thought you did. If those two statements are false, I'm right and you just don't want to admit it.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes Hines was better in His prime, but We aren't comparing him to his prime with anyone on our team now. We don't know half this team will look like , or be like in their primes. For all we know we could have a few HOF players on the team. Just like no one was calling anyone on that 2003 team HOFers then. Like I said....with maybe the exception of JB, and He was in his twilight.

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It’s funny coming back to work after the win. Before game. Kenny Sucks. Your offense stinks. Defense is overrated. Bengals will win easily even with Burrow out! After game. NFL is rigged.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Again, the HOF thing is shorthand as part of the larger discussion. I already explained that. I am comparing Ward in his prime to the receivers on the team now, and I am finding the current guys wanting.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Because of the Qb play. You know this. I know You are smarter than that. Again. I will stand by this....Qbs make 90% of their OLs, and Targets look good , or bad. Burrow, and CJ Stroud are just two of many examples of this.