1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Garrett Suspended Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    He is nothing and nothing good should be said of him. He is a disgrace and after the game said a win is a win and 8 seconds shouldn't matter. He didn't repent until later when someone reminded him of how big an a-hole he was/ is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    No

3. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    As much as I'd like to see MT go away, even I won't pin this on him, completely. ‍♂️

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    “ Listen guys now when someone takes off their helmet and starts swinging it like a deranged lunatic, here’s what I want you to do.”

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    But dammit that’s what Bellichik would have done

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Do people really think Garrett is done in the NFL? If he was a nobody then yeah, maybe. But a former #1 pick will get another chance. I expect to see him back at some point in the 2020 season.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought Haynesworth was done back when he did the stamping incident. But we all know how that ended.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Garrett does have issues with late hits I agree. Alzado somewhat set a precedent with using the helmet as a weapon. I think they (NFL) give him a second chance, they let Vick have one.

9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I expect he will be reinstated before next season. People will have moved on to other things by then so the NFL will feel comfortable doing so. Though he's going to be on a short leash with the league, I would think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

On second chances such as Micheal Vick those though are different from on field conduct. Regarding Alzado, that was a different era with a different set of optics. Those same optics are not going to be accepted anymore.

Not saying the NFLPA will simply allow Myles Garrett to never play again but the fact is the NFL has already seen the likes of Vontez Burfict run wild. I doubt they want to see another player like that for the foreseeable future. Keep in mind though Myles Garrett's on field conduct has actually started since 2017. It has escalated ever since.

This season just happens to be the tipping point. Some believe he will change his ways. Personally, given the lack of leadership Cleveland currently has, I doubt he will.

11. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    The suspension was purposely made to be indefinite to be able to adjust as necessary. It could be the rest of the year which is the least acceptable position. It could be after 4 games or by chance if the Stains get into the playoffs, or when the attention spans have gone away from this and they bring him back with little fanfare. Pretty sneaky actually and ultimately has to do with money or the union in one way or anther.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Agree on the indefinite aspect. The league is still sorting that out. That said, I do have something to add here.

While the suspension was indefinite, keep in mind the league already said for the remainder of the season and the playoffs at minimum. I doubt the union could do anything in terms of this year's end result for that sends s major red flag to the entire NFL as a whole in which excessive violence means little to nothing. It would be essentially Vontez Burfict all over again.

I think that both the NFL and NFLPA have learned their lesson from the Vontez Burfict Saga and do not want a sequel. Add the fact that Myles has to see the commish for any further updates on his football future and it leads me to believe that the NFL is sending quite the message; this level of behavior will not be tolerated as any aggressor who performs this action will be met with the most strict penalty. The wording in it of itself describes Myles using Mason's helmet as a weapon.

That is damning as it stands. This is not even accouting for the "wonderful fan mail" the NFL will receive should they reinstate Myles too soon. This is going to be talked about for some time as nothing like it has been seen in such a manner in the past 20 years. Myles is done for this season.

For that matter, don't be surprised if he loses his reinstatement and sits out 2020. Myles has already had a lengthy rap sheet dating back to his Rookie Season in terms of on field conduct. He needs to be taught a harsh lesson.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    If he never gets back, it'll be too soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Urdad

Urdad New Member

Nov 15, 2019
    He's appealing, I wouldn't be surprised to see it reduced to 4 or 6 games. The league loves the browns and they've always been against us

15. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steel Hog.

If I recall correctly, Myles said something in regards to getting to Ben in his rookie year before they ever played against one another. In fairness, it may just have ben about sacking him. However, it stuck with me that this guy maybe another Burfict.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

He did. He said he wanted to chop Big Ben down. At the time, I thought it was just trash talk.

However, knowing what I know now, perhaps there was a hidden message behind it.

17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey AQL.

Thanks for the "digging up" of that. I guess in part he got his wish, a Steeler QB.

18. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    If the NFL really does its job we won't have another Burfict or any other thug wannabees

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelHog.

You know the NFL, they want it both ways. For example (I may need some help here), I believe it was when James Harrison got suspended for his "hit" on Colt McCoy when he played for the Browns, I believe. Yet, in the same motion wasn't the league selling photos of the hit?

20. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Ok. It’s been a few days. I still don’t like that guy. Mason was right. What a cowardly thing to do.

• Like Like x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    As I thought, Myles is appealing the semantics within the punishment. The issue is that, while he is likley to win his case due to the fact that players cannot be punished via "Indefinite Suspension" for on field conduct; the issue is James Thrash and Derrick Brooks both could hear his case and he is still likely to get hit with at least 10 games at minimum; 12 being my guess and 14 being the max assuming he wins his appeal.

It is a slippery slope for certain. Not too many other options for him. Assuming both Thrash and Brooks do not agree, Myles will have to take this to a U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. More can be found here:

Myles Garrett's Final Option

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    He'll be back next year. Might have been a different story if he knocked Mason out cold or worse... That's just the reality of it. However, his issue going forward is going to be him being on a strict tight leash. So far, based on his past transgressions, he's shown that another suspension is guaranteed to be in his future. And any suspension will probably be much longer that the average NFL player. He'll be on that thin ice like Burfict is, and we saw what happened with one slip up by Burfict. It's gonna haunt the rest of his career, however long it ends up being.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So you want Rudolph's teammates to do nothing, and let Garrett kick his ass :facepalm:. Pouncey and DeCastro did the right thing protect your QB, like Pouncey said he blacked out and went into protection mode.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm so tired of listening to that fool Charles Woodson, he keeps trying to blame Rudolph for this. I see why ESPN got rid of him, now him and his lame takes are on FOX.

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They try to walk the razor thin line of not getting sued, but yes they could do better.