1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Garrett Suspended Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Yeah I don’t know why more people aren’t talking about how the Browns were head hunting all night. Not to be dramatic but Kitchens should be suspended. Send a message. This headhunting BS has to go. Reminds me of the Capitals when they played the Pens in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You are indeed correct. I am too young to remember that. Have not caught up with NFL History as much as I like to.

I tried doing that last night though! I could find what happened during that moment with Lyle but I cannot find the rule itself! What does the official rule state?!

3. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Imagine if Garrett had also inadvertently hit the ref that was trying to break it up with the helmet

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016

USE OF HELMET AS A WEAPON Article 15
    A player may not use a helmet (that is no longer worn by anyone) as a weapon to strike, swing at, or throw at an opponent. Penalty: For illegal use of helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification.

And yes, that's James Garner who comes over to Lyle and gives him a word of encouragement at the beginning of this video.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Thank you!

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Roid rage

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Garretts stat line last night.
    1-tackle
    3- QB pressures

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    .....and 1 complete *******

9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Something Tomlin and his apologists should consider.

10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Getting rid of kitchens for a while would be doing them a favour. Take a mid round draft pick off them and tell them that this crap is to stop immediately or there will be further sanctions

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I saw him cause at least 2 holding penalties as well. Having him gone on 12/1 will help AV a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Garrett is currently appealing the suspension. I have not the foggiest of how he overturns this honestly. Likely going to be denied anyways as there is too much evidence against him at this point in addition to his actions yesterday night.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Mason needs some self-defense classes.

14. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    NFL Rescinds Myles Garrett Suspension After Review Footage Clearly Shows Mason Rudolph’s Punchable ****ing Face

Today 2:58PM

NEW YORK—Apologizing for laying down the ruling in haste without examining all the evidence, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell rescinded Myles Garrett’s suspension for attacking Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph with a helmet Friday after review footage clearly showed Rudolph’s punchable ****ing face. “This was my mistake, from the first shots I saw, it appeared that Garrett was unprovoked, but the clip from earlier in the play clearly shows Mason Rudolph’s big doofus face just begging for a fist,” said Goodell, explaining that Garrett merely acted the way anyone who was suddenly confronted with Rudolph’s infuriating, dumbass visage would act. “Just look as the expression on this doughy douchebag’s face. Just seeing him makes me want to punch the ****ing screen. The entire Browns organization should be commended for not rushing the field and pummeling his annoying mug the second his helmet came off. In fact, Mason is suspended for the rest of the season just so nobody has to look at that ****.” At press time, Goodell had nominated Garrett for the NFL’s Walter Payton Man of the Year award.

https://sports.theonion.com/nfl-rescinds-myles-garrett-suspension-after-review-foot-1839896771

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    One factor that will weigh in on this issue is that Rudolph wasn't hurt. It is an unfortunate part of the NFL and their discipline. Rudolph gets his nose broke or get knocked out and the fine and punishment would be more of what is warranted. This unfortunately should not matter. The offense should be punished as if the worse happened. The NFL is notorious for doing this. Example ray rice before video vs. ray rice after.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Does not matter in this case. Myles has had actions leading up to this. Ray Rice had not at the time. Too different of a comparison.

Myles' days of playing in the NFL are likely done. He has had his chance. Any attempt to bring him back will have to come from Myles' end in appealing his decision in a court of law. Keep in mind though that Tom Brady himself lost his case in the infamous "Deflate-Gate" saga.

What chance does Myles have?! Actions preceding this the same?! Very little.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

He sure did. I had concerns that Big Al would not hold up against Garrett before the game. Sadly, those concerns were realized.

I will say this in Big Al's defense. Being 6'9 saved Mason's life. Had Big Al been 6'5 or so, Myles would have likely connected Mason's own helmet to his head with more force as Big Al's height prevented Myles from obtaining more force upon striking Mason.

18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

That would have been a nightmare for certain. Far worse than hitting Mason. The NFL would likely pursue criminal charges as I do not believe that ref would have been as okay as Mason was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Huh?!

20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What saved MR was the part of the helmet that struck him. Although I agree not having a clearer shot definitely helped. There are takes in the media that are infuriating. Some are claiming MR tried to rip MGs helmet off. I saw it as MR trying to get MG off of him. His helmet was up around his chest. He was grasping at anything to get him off of him. Which is another fallacy being spread that MR initiated the fight. Not much mention of the fact MG dragged him to the ground well after the play. That play alone would of gotten him a suspension had that happened to Brady. Another asinine take is that MR attacked him and MG was defending himself. MG lifted MR literally off the ground by his helmet. Then had time to actually pull it off and time to notice the goy”attacking “ him had no helmet on( because he ripped it off) and still decided to use it as a weapon.

Attacking him? Please ....MR was going to get his helmet back. Anyone who has played football would realize what your helmet means to you. It’s not only obviously your protection, it’s your property and has a special meaning that’s hard to explain.It’s the reason why AB made such a big deal about his helmet. You can call it almost a superstition but to a player it’s real. Some of these media people are clueless and they deserve something similar happens to them. Then and maybe then they will realize the severity of the action. It was so far removed from a football action that Burfict looks like a saint in comparison....

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    As I watched that brawl the first thing I thought of was Alzado trying to clock a player with his own helmet, of course lyle was a loose cannon from his steroid use, I wonder how Art feels about his 250K fine his boy tomlin got for him from lack of team discipline............

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Talking to yourself AQL?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Was responding to you.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Essentially what I am saying. The NFL already has seem Vontez Burfict. Who knows what Myles Garrett could mutate into if left unchecked?! Thankfully though, the NFL does not want to find out.

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It wasn't AV, but Decastro who got hung up between them when Garrett swung the helmet at Mason, no?

[​IMG]