1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Garrett desperately and falsely accuses Rudolph of using a racial slur!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steeler dane, Nov 21, 2019.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The audio tapes? If something was said loud enough for the microphones to pick it up, then that means that probably some of the officials and players heard it, too. Making that assumption, wouldn't anyone with half a damn brain think it would have blown up post game instead of coming out a week after the game by the one guy with the most to lose? This guy is full of sh!t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Roger is doing Pittsburgh a favor even though it has been hinted before he does not like the Steelers. That being said, there is another reason he is doing this of course. Roger wants to uphold the NFL's integrity by sending a powerful message while protecting the leagues interests the same.

3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Myles Garrett never wrote that statement about he didn't know his appeal was going to be "released to public dissemination". If you asked him what public dissemination was he probably would think it was about someone who got caught wacking off in public.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Welp garrett is an even more pathetic human being then I originally thought.. And I already thought he was a pathetic human being

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I thought Garrett would be reinstated for the opener next season. Unless some evidence emerges that Rudolph did use a racial slur, I see that as unlikely and it certainly shouldn't happen. The league already made it clear that at minimum, he is suspended the rest of 2019. The lies he told during his appeal warrant further punishment. The league has put the hammer down before on players who lied during investigations or appeals. It should happen again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The NFL stated the league “found no evidence” that Mason did use a slur. But that does quite equal proof that he lied. Without proof, I would have a hard time seeing any additional punishment in this regard. Although I certainly think it’s a lie, as do most people outside Cleveland.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  8. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    The NFL has the technology to do some pretty sophisticated audio forensics. Myles Garret is a paper tiger. People may not agree with me, but I think Mason got the best of Myles Garret. So, no matter how poorly our offense played last week, Mason held his own. So, something positive to take away from an ugly loss. Concentrating on improving from last week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Goodell has pulled some pretty heavy-handed crap before. I'm not sure he needs to prove it is a lie to extend Garrett's punishment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Based on the subject of the accusation, I think Goodell will let this one go after the 6 game suspension. This is a sensitive matter along the same lines as another sensitive matter that the NFL struggled to resolve, and it cost them.

11. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    This is easy. Let the *pats release their audio tapes. They'll have the evidence; and after the Steelers loss they won't need them for the playoffs anyway.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well the NFL can let it go if it wants to but Mason and/or his agent shouldn't. This is not the first time he has used the race card and that is BS. I am sorry this is a serious subject and one that hurts many people everyday. I know we will never put an end to it totally but when you have guys like him crying wolf all it does is fuel the fire. If Mason and his agent were to go after him in court and prove he was a lying then once the dirt settled I feel the pressure would then be on the NFL to take action. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I see that point, NY, but I wonder if it is in Rudolph's interest to keep the story going. The more he pushes, the more attention Garrett's accusation gets. It is bad enough that garbage will stick to Rudolph with at least some people.

15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Roger should bring the hammer down, Myles deserves it with his actions.

16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I get that side of thinking however if Mason and his camp pushed the issue wouldn't that help his case when it came out Garrett being wrong? Also one more thing to point out if Mason did say this the Steelers need to cut his a$$. Just want to make sure I cover both sides not just one. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Was listening to 93.7 the fan on my way into work this morning... Can't remember the host but, he said he asked a very prominent, ex, BLACK football player if this happened to you, what would you do...

His response " I would have told the Refs, my Coaches, my teammates, the fans, the concession vendors, EVERYBODY...I And I sure as hell wouldn't have waited a week!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
  19. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Truth but I saw another player bring up a good point. He said we saw how he reacted when a random guy he didnt know punch him in the face. He did nothing far as reacting physically and smiled about it. So could it have been that something said of this magnitude did set him off as a physical altercation a few weeks ago didnt? Who knows but it is very strange that he waited to say mason did that. No one knows what happened.

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Apparently Myles Garrett is maintaining he said it... UGH... this is going to get ugly.

Steelers just can't escape drama going all the way back to last year.

21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That game could get ugly * understatement...And can imagine the abuse the Browns fans who show up are gonna take...Anyone have enough balls to show up in a #95 jersey

22. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't think it will get that ugly for Rudolph. Seems like no one other than Browns fans or players believes Garrett. Absent audio of Rudolph using a slur I think this goes nowhere else. The idea that Rudolph used a slur but Garrett mentioned it to no one until the appeal is simply not credible on its face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You're not serious, are you?

The only way a qb gets the best of a rush end is to scramble out of, and away from, his pursuit. Kind of like what Mayfield did to our entire defense practically all game. MR didn't hold his own while throwing 4 picks. He certainly didn't hold his own while compiling a 36 qb rating. Let's get real, okay?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steeler dane.

I usually, stay away from these types of PC/Racial types of discussions. Given that, in this day and age is it really surprising? The "Race Card" is justified at times and others, not. When it is not justifiable it is simply a "Cop-Out" and can discredit it a times when it really is a justifiable issue. Unfortunately, it can end-up along the lines of 'The boy who cried wolf' expression when it really has some validity. Take care all of my United Steeler Friends and Family from all walks of life.

Ah, what the heck here. Hi Again Everyone.

Below is a link to a really mellow song that some of you may want to “Cool-Out” and listen too. Especially, since this issue seems to have some extra “Fired-Up”. It is one of my favorite “Go-To” songs to help me “Chill-Out”. I hope for those that do listen to it, find a calming peaceful effect to it for whatever you may be going through in your life; past, present, and/or future.

(Ryann – “Sound of Falling Rain”)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePLKJSfjb8M

Sorry, I cannot help myself here folks. Another song that I wanted to share is much more upbeat, yet equally as cool and too me very motivational. I am big into instrumental songs as I do a lot of multi-media productions as/was a teacher.

(Jonathan Fritzén – “Let It Go”)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ9x-CZGq1k

I have others if folks are interested in this kind of stuff. Feel free to comment here or send me a Conversation if anyone would like to.

Take care everyone. Go B & G.

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  25. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019