1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Games to keep an eye on today...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 11, 2018.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Pats at Titans and the Saints at the Bengals. The Steelers can open up a 2 game lead in the loss column on the Bengals if they lose today which I believe they will. And they can better their chances of getting a 2 seed if the Titans can upset the Pats. The Pats at some point are gonna drop a game to somebody. They have won 6 in a row and while they are very good I just don’t think they are good enough to run the table the rest of the season. Somebody will beat them whether it’s somebody else or the Steelers on December 16th.

2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I`m interested on how well the Saints play against the Bungles. I have a theory that the good NFC teams may not be on the same level as good AFC teams. We will see if they struggle like they did against the Ratbirds.

3. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    The Bengals are approaching must win territory as well as far as the division is concerned. They can’t continue to fall 2 or 3 more games behind the Steelers like the Ravens are. This division race I feel is gonna be done in about 2 weeks. I don’t see the Bengals or the Ravens making any kind of push and I don’t see the Steelers losing many more games.

4. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Agreed!

I just hope the Steelers win enough that the last game against the Bengals doesn’t mean anything.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    That game against the bengals will mean something because we will be playing for a seeding position....

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Whatever the Bungles do I hope keeping Marvin Lewis there is one of them. I was hoping Hue would've gotten a 5 yr extension but that fell through. Rats are in free fall at this point which may prompt them to us LJ a whole lot more to spice things up. We keep doing what we're doing and take things one game at a time, things will work out. Jax is a dumpster fire and we should win (but then again, that's what I thought last year. twice). On to J'ville.

7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It`s all about winning percentage for us because of the tie with the Brownies. It will be clear cut if that last game has any value. It won`t depend on a tie breaker.

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The last time we tied was in 2002 against the falcons they won the division with a 10-5-1 record, the tie wasnt needed to win it but it did give them a half game cushion in the standings over the 9-7 browns......

9. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I really did not explain my thoughts well.

To clarify, I meant as in the Steelers making the playoffs at all. I fully expect it will affect the seeding.

10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I can not see the Bengals beating the Saints without AJ Green. As for the Patriots, I would not be surprised if the Titans give them a game. Gronk is out, and the Patriots have already dropped a game to a former coach this year.(Lions)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I like Tenn over the pats this week

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    The Steelers are in all likelihood going to need the Patriots to lose another game besides losing to the Steelers here in 5 weeks if they are going to finish ahead of them in the standings and get a bye week. The Steelers I feel right now can really only afford to probably lose one more game and it can’t be to the Patriots if they hope to get a bye week in the playoffs.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not counting on the Steelers getting a bye week, the Patriots and Chiefs will get it. The Patriots have no competition from their division, that's pretty much automatic 6 wins for them.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It certainly could affect seeding. However I see a good probability that we get to week 17 locked into the 3 seed with no opportunity to move up or down.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Another game I would be watching is the Indianapolis Colts and the Jacksonville Jaguars. The game yet played against them will be intriguing for certain.

Should the Jaguars lose one more and next week, they will be mathematically eliminated from contention. Then again, losing this one could cripple their playoff chances all together. Better to be safe than sorry though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I really don't see the Bungles beating the Saints, (N.O. is perfect on the road), but I think the game could be close. Saints outside of their friendly dome and the Bungles playing desperate. If Mariota plays as well as he did against the Cryboys, I think they will beat N.E.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I see a lot of people predicting that Tennessee will beat New England. Though it pains me to say this, I see the Pats winning by 20+ today. Something like 34-13.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Every year! Been screaming this for years...They are a damn good team but what if, realistically...The Steelers were almost " guaranteed " 6 automatic wins EVERY year...My gosh...If you just go 6-4 the rest of the year, you have 11 wins...

And the Cheats never go 6-4...So they have a minimum 11wins every year...

Just another reason I hate them...They just get EVERYTHING handed to them...lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I do to...Their offense is offensive

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yep. Titans beat a cowboys team who looks like they just don’t care and now playing an elite(surprise) pats team.

Beast retires with Ben I Bet

21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's not handed to them. They still have to go through every team in the AFC and the top team in the NFC to win the SB. They beat us almost every time. They beat KC this year. If the Steelers players have such a problem with the Pats winning SB, then maybe they should step up and finally beat them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Rather lose to the pats this year and win the SB than beat them and lose the SB

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    TD Tenn lol

• Like Like x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Titans just scored! Hell yeah

• Like Like x 1
  25. HeinzMustard