1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Games the Steelers need to win to make the playoffs…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 1, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think overall personally it’s gonna take at least 10 wins to get in the playoffs. And right now especially after the Jets upset over the Bengals I am not ruling out the Steelers even winning the AFC North. I think they have as good of a chance as anybody in this division and everything they need too and can accomplish will be their for the taking and sitting right their in front of them. I think the games they need to win to get to 10 wins are the Bears, Lions, at Vikings, at Cincy, the Titans at home without Henry, and just win one of the 3 remaining games they have left with Baltimore (2) both home and away and the Browns (1) at home.

And I’m not gonna sit here now and say the games on the road at LA against the Chargers and at KC on the road can’t be wins as well. Both those games definitely don’t look as daunting as they did earlier in the season.

So we will see how things play out moving forward. Anything as we know can happen on a week to week basis. But I think as we sit here today the arrow for the Steelers as Mike Tomlin would say is definitely pointed up when it comes to talking about the Steelers and their chances of making the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I am on record that the Steelers would win 10 games. Of course, I also said this is heavily dependent on not just the health but maturation of the Offensive Line. Should both factors continue to uphold, no reason this team cannot be.

Also, Najee Harris is critical towards our 10 win season hopes; arguably the Steelers MVP of the season. I truly shutter to think what would become of the Offense if Najee is out for any length of time. Liked the pick then and love him now.

Regarding the playoffs??.... Hmm.... given how surprising (shocking to some) how the Chiefs have played, Justin Herbert looking a bit average the past two weeks, Derrick Henry's possible season ending injury and an AFC North that likely will go down to the wire, you could be right. However, I am a connoisseur of sustainedf progression. So far so good for the entire team but sadly, so what? All of this can change at any given time; next week included. Stacking wins is key and the team will have to continue to do so heading down the stretch....

.... as these games will not get any easier from here on out.

• Like Like x 1