1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gameplan to beat the Patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yup that should do it.. Ben is playing far better ball now then what he was. he was taking far too many chances. He seems to be thinking more clearly and not forcing throws.. I actually have a pretty good feeling about this game. I have never in the past liked our chances against Pats but this is a different team. Offensively we are healthy.. Very healthy. Ben plays his best ball in December.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    two words. no huddle

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This!

Also This!

How the fish played the cheats on defense should be what Butler will do. Disruption of brady. Plus old tommy boy has an achilles injury which is effecting his throwing. Possibly getting Haden back would be large but i'm not betting on it. The cheats are ripe for the taking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have to throw that cover 2 zone out of the playbook. Or we will have to score 40 plus points . This is the week to play single high man coverage . We have no Safety who can play that . Exactly why I have been saying to put DHB 30 yards deep and use his range and speed as a last line of Defense .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    If we have nobody who can do it, then why would this be the week to play it? :hmm:

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    mistake free ball.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    to me it would be a good week to spring brian allen on them and tell him to follow gronk all over the field.

wilcox to head hunt those receivers early in the game.

VW up the middle into tom toms face every play.

miami played very aggressive the whole game.

match up bell on those young LB'ers.

match up JJ on those young LB'ers.

tighten up coverage and the d-line get those hands up in the passing lanes if they can't get there.

:cool:

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Throw on first down. Don't force feed brown. JUJU and james for the middle, Vance cheerleading, mix of no huddle. whenever it's a down and short please don't bomb it, take the first. Second half wear them down with Bell. profit

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I like that, throw to set up the run.

11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    The Underpants Gnomes abide.

Throw smart on first down—don’t get in a yardage hole early.

12. mgsmooth

Aug 14, 2016
    Belichick....

3534BB98-7F39-4165-B435-FA7CCC9A40DE.jpeg

SNR echoes the same...Pitt actually is playing a zone that is much tighter than last year. The problem is the execution and breakdown in assignments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    What a crock of ****. Belichick is full of it. Steelers defense sucks, what good.

14. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do it anyway. Put AB, Bell,MB,Juju,DHB anyone with speed to run a play down . DHB is the fastest and has really no value to the Offense so he should be the guy . If we play cover 2 we will get shredded. If we play a hit first guy as the deep Safety he will get caught pressing the box and offer no help over the top . We need a true FS as a last line of defense .Get the other 10 guys in the box and disrupt the timing..

We would be better off playing 10 on defense in the box than 11 with 2 deep . DHB could at least swat away a ball or 2 on deep throws and could run down anyone that breaks loose.

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I saw an analytic guy say the Patriots defense are best in the league on 1st down. Not good for our sometimes predictable offense. Also, that Steelers have been pass happy the last 4-5 games. Patriots started out worst pass defense but over last 4 weeks are now 4th against the pass but their rush defense is the worst in the league like what we saw against the Dolphins.

16. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Let's hope Haley doesn't dust off the JAX game-plan.
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. mgsmooth

Aug 14, 2016
  18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The O is the key if we hope to slow them down when we're on D. We must dominate TOP and get a lead to make them play from behind ,making them a little more one dimensional. If we fall behind too much early our D is in big trouble...
    They are worried about our big play capabilities and will try to keep everything in front,like we do.
    We need to show and keep our patience. We have successfully moved the ball on them in the past with the quick passing game only to pull out some dumb play call that ends our drive...they are gonna give us all the underneath stuff....take it...move the chains...control TOP keep Marsha off the field and their possessions to a minimum....a couple deep shots over the bow will keep them honest...and JJ and hopefully McDonald will be Ben's best friends. If McDonald can't go they should use JuJu to do some of the things asked of McDonald...

19. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    I never knew a single person could ever be more passionate about facepalms until I got acquainted with you. Holy Moly.

20. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
  21. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Watching the Miami game it looked like Thuney their left guard was struggling against a bull rush. Of course that could be because Suh and Wake made him look bad, but he looked real bad and their center wasn't great either. I'd like to see Heyward and/or Tuitt take advantage of that part of their line.

Also, if I see Spence on the field I'm going to lose hope. I thought he was supposed to be fast? He couldn't even come close to keeping up with the Ravens fullback when he ran wide.

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Take the game plan from last years AFCCG game and burn it. Take the ashes to the river and dump them so that they can never be found again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I said the same thing in another post a couple days ago, mac.

They had great success in 2011 doing that with Cortez Allen against Gronk and again last year with Justin Gilbert against Travis Kelce.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's all you have to add to the conversation :bowdown:.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    I made an appearance, Yes. :smiley1:
    Don't I get a facepalm for my post?