1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gameball after W vs MIN?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Sep 17, 2017.

1. B Roethlisberger

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. A Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. M Bryant

23 vote(s)
    46.0%
  4. L Bell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. J Smith-Schuster

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. R Shazier

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. C Heyward

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  8. B Dupree

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. V Williams

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  10. C Boswell

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Steelers gave the game ball to Art Rooney II since today was about honoring his father. I'm sure that meant a lot to him.

Loved Ben running out of the tunnel with the flag, that was awesome!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Bryant's TD showed just what kind of threat he can be - the acceleration he showed after the catch was unreal. It's a key ingredient we were missing last year, and no mistake.

I still voted for Boz though.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I worry about the folks who claim that nobody on that team deserved a game ball. I can be fairly negative, too, but that's just silly. Bryant, Heyward and Boswell were all deserving. They won by 17 points. Cheer up, guys.

I know some posters want to dismiss the win as something fueled by penalties, but most of those were forced errors. Bryant and Brown both blew by defenders to force long pass interference penalties in the first half. Dupree beat his man badly to force one offensive holding. Vince Williams did the same on a run to fore one. Now some of it was simply sloppy play by the Vikings, but most of the big penalties were forced by the Steelers making plays. And how many were close calls? The offensive pass interference on Diggs is the only one I can remember. I thought that was a bad call.

4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Heyward was easily the best player on the field. I'm kind of shocked everyone doesn't agree with this. We probably lose that game if he's not on the field. He disrupted most of their plays and set the tone defensively. If the Vikings were more successful running the ball, they would have controlled the clock and kept us off the field. The other MVP IMO was the vikings them selves. They couldn't get out of their own way. As soon as they started getting momentum they shot them selves in the foot with stupid penalties and mistakes. There was easily 10 to 17 points scored by us because of viking miscues.

Sure Bryant had a nice game but I think he did what was expected. He's got Brown taking all of the attention, he should be having games like that every week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm one of the most pessimistic people on this forum, and I think Heyward deserves the game ball.

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Game ball to Bryant. He had the best plays of the game.

I would also give a ball Everson Griffen of the Vikings. If it wasn't for that guy, we would have put up some more points.

He was making it a long day for our O-Line.

7. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    It was a FOX game this week. Home games with an away NFC opponent will always be on Fox.
    As for CBS, I always wondered that. I get that they can't have a double header every week, but it just seems weird to run an infomercial. Couldn't they run anything else? There's usually got to be some type of sporting event on somewhere. Soccer? Rugby? Bowling? Auto Racing? Curling? Badminton? All of those have to be better than 3 hours of infomercials.

8. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Have to go with Martavis Bryant on this one.

Nevermind coming back from his suspension, his mere presence allows so many other receiving options for Ben.

His own abilities icing on the cake.

More of this will be on full display against a Bears team that has two good corners in Fuller and Amukamara.