1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones, part 2??

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by steel machine, Jun 1, 2022.

1. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020

I loved the show up until the last season. But even that season had some good moments. I loved the Hounds story ark for example. At the end of the day, its still gonna be better than most of what's on tv.

Tormund HAS to be in it! 100 percent agree with the 2nd part, And Tyrion, going to visit his old buddy. Perhaps Arya, And maybe some additional conflict with Grey Worm, if he catches wind that Jon is not exactly living in exile at the wall. But Danerys and her dragon coming back would be the big conflict for sure.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And oh what a conflict you would have then :butcher:

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Do Something with all the Iron born (Greyjoys)story they left out of the show.....then....I will be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    LOL./ Another Gfella.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Just saw the first coming attractions, I love the concept but need to see more, was just like a 30 second clip but none of the characters really stood out with any kind of pretense but like I said, small clip.

Except there was a young Tywin Lannister which is effing cool.

• Like Like x 2
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm with you on the ending. I thought it was pretty cool plus I won money picking who would win the iron throne. (although the dragon kind of melted it)

My only complaint the last few shows seemed all action and fire with very little dialogue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Maybe they'll be able to pacify some of the pissed off fans with the couple of new series they have in development.

8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Watched first episode last night. I think it will be pretty cool. Didn't realize it is a long time before G.O.T.

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah...I didn't watch it....nor care 2...each 2 their own....I just think they did such a piss poor job on the 1st show... they turned a great series of books into.....tits, Dragons, and zombies....while those are good things....that's not really what the books are about......I'm not interested in the prequel.
    Although don't let My dislike in anyway color Your enjoyment my Friend :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Question my razorback friend, In the books does it start with what I'm watching now?? The house of Targaryen rules the roost and have 10 dragons. (good for them) At start of show they told you it was around 200 years before the Mad King. I think you have read the books which I could never do. I love reading but it's those mystery/thrillers with a ton of insane people I like and 300-350 pages is my limit.

Did you read them all? Was this prequel written after the G.O.T's?? Thanks!!

11. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    This first episode was ok. It will probably be a slow buildup, compared to the 1st one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    I want to start reading the books but not if they're not gonna get done. That dude is pretty old and does not look to be in the best shape possible to finish 2 long books.

Once they're officially done, I'll start reading them. Books are always better than movies/shows.

Although Im kind of pissed that some book stuff has been spoiled for me, like Robs wolf at the Red Wedding. etc, etc...

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    A lot of the red wedding was changed. I'll give You just a taste without spoiling it all....Robs wife was not in attendance....So....:shrug:

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't read this ....I guess the prequel. I read the 5 that come after.....He didn't write this prequel until much later, and I said I wouldn't read it....till....He finished the original series. LoL.
    Although they did talk about this stuff in the original series, but just here,and there.:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  15. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Couple of episodes into House Of Dragons and I dig it. Then again, I'm easily amused. And, unlike STD,I don't read. Ain't nobody got no time for dat!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    As I like 2 say....Each 2 Their Own My Friend :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Agreed. Everyone plays by their own rules.

I don't allow a TV or other Electronics in my Bedroom, so I read a paper-book every night before going to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I've only seen the first episode, but it sounds like they are going to move the storyline along pretty quickly as by midseason they will need all new actors for the younger roles. Flash forward say 10 years?

But don't get too attached the the characters, because four (4) of them are being fully recast mid-way through the season. Whomst? That'd be Rhaenyra Targaryen, Alicent Hightower, Laena Velaryon, and Laenor Velaryon—aka all the younger characters who will be ageing into adults as the season progresses.

Which I am in favor of. Watching GOT knowing that these characters were only supposed to be 13 and 14 years old was a little creepy.

19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Holy Crap. I just watched episode 2 and that little 12 year old girl with the King is just creepy.

I don't even understand how this is legal to have a show showing sex with grown men and 12 -14-year-old having sex?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm guessing it's a young looking 18 year old. It's a fantasy show so I see no need for crap like that but if it was a realistic I could see it. Let's face it, without underage sex none of us would be here. I'm pretty sure they didn't wait until they were 18 say 20-30 thousand years ago. They were probably dead at 25. I was raised with a mom and 3 sisters so my heart goes out for what the female members of our species had to endure in the stone ages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yabba dabba doo! ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Made me Look. Nope the actress is also 12 years old. Born Sept 2009

Nova Foueillis-Mosé: Wiki, Biography, Parents, Height, Birthday, Net Worth, Age, Ethnicity & More (newsunzip.com)

I deleted a picture of her that I was going to post, because I am not sure if you can even post pictures of 12 year olds.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m digging this show, tonight’s episode was great. Dameons character is growing on me.

The characters in general are still lacking in comparison to GOT, everyone in that show just commanded your attention when they were on screen but its still very good and the acting has been great.

As for the age stuff, first of all, the King even stated she is only 12 and his advisor stated she will mature. Meaning hes not having sex with her anytime soon. Also, it’s historically accurate, there was no legal age back then. People got married, 14, 15, 16 years old. It was the norm.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Daemon Targaryen is an iconic character in Westeros history. Matt Smith has been killing it playing him.

Don't worry so much about the characters yet. A lot of the younger characters will be replaced soon as they jump forward in time for older actors. And it's then that the story really heats up (no pun intended).

I thought it funny he balked at Laena only being 12 when he married his first wife at... 13. :huh1:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The red wedding I felt was one of the best scenes if not best scene in the entire show.

I don’t know how they dealt with it in the books, haven’t gotten to that yet but I’m guessing the show didn’t want to be burdened with another succession so they killed Robbs wife and baby at the red wedding.

Very powerful scene. Another holy **** scene was cutting Jamies hand off but I hated that, I liked that he was this great swordsman and they took that from him by doing that.