1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game in Ireland

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ben There, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Dan Rooney told the BBC that he has approached king godell about having a regular season game in Ireland, as early as 2013, and he would like to see The Steelers involved. I think that would be great, but as a Steeler Season Ticket Holder, I would not want to give up a home game! :yeehaw:

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, for me, Ireland is closer than Pittsburgh...

However, I'm not a huge fan of the regular seasons abroad. Basically, you get a lot of people who are diehard fans of the game there, though not necessarily diehard fans of the teams playing... so the atmosphere is great, but not as great as going to see your team play should be. Does that make sense?

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm pretty sure it would have to be an away game. I think heinz has a clause in the stadium contract that 8 games have to be played there. Not sure if its true or not

4. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I think it would be great to face the Giants or Packers in Ireland. If it ends up being the Bucs in their creamsicles I might cry.

5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd suspect there are many Steeler fans in Ireland and the game atmosphere would resemble a home game for the Steelers.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    of course thats true anywhere the steelers play around the globe. we do have the best looking uni's, players, fans and cheerlead..........ok scratch that one. :) :cool:

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am against any NFL game being played
    outside the USA. I know this won't happen or hasn't happened
    it is just my 2 cents.

8. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm also against it, it would have to come with a bye week to follow and that would probably mean early in the season. lets face it the NFL will never take hold in Europe, that experiment has already been done!

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it all makes sense now. we played a couple of games in mexico and now they are streaming across the boarder to get more football. :shrug: :cool:

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Oh, no doubt there are. But my point was more that when you get these games, EVERYONE who likes football in Britain and Ireland tries for tickets - not just the fans of the teams playing. At least, that's been the experience in London. The Steelers may well fare better than most, but it would still be the case.