1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game has been moved AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    This is why the Titans should have forfeited against us. This is exactly the scenario I was pitching back then. If they had established the precedent back then, 2 things would have happened. First, it would have sent the strongest message available to deter teams, players and staff, from taking risks. And second, it would have made subsequent forfeitures easier to pull the trigger on.

And think about it...our record would still be the same, and so would our opponents'.

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I heard it yesterday on Radio, but to declare a forfeit will likely never happen. Cancellations and no make up might happen, but to declare a forfeit will take major non compliance by a team. The union will also get very ticked off, as any
    games not played means no paycheck for that game..either side. Basically all of the players salaries are divided over the 16 week period, so a loss of 1 paycheck can be a lot of money.

3. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Agree, if strength coach had it ENTIRE team should be quarantined

Stop the BS, make Rats forfeit n move on. It's an organization failure, Tits breakout set up possible forfeits so go that route

Steelers Depot has an article explaining any new cases like Thursday reports, are already isolated so they simply don't play

But if they wind up w 15 or 20 cases on Sat, they should forfeit period

4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Get ready for Week 18. The virus is spreading through the crows organization.

Its funny because if Ben, Watt tested positive or any impact player would you want to still play this game? Especially Ben. Not me.

Were living in a unique time so suck it up buttercups.

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm surprised that the NFL didn't have their own liaison at each facility to make sure covid protocol was being followed properly.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    :lollmao:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    As much as I agree that put a team on the field and play the game I dont think the league puts an inferior product on display. So no OL made up of 3 practice squad TE's and DL of multiple linebackers.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Tits breakout? What game is this, I want to watch!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    So, is the count up to 8 players and 7 staff?

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    SB halftime show. Janice Jackson's withered teat.....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    there’s not enough time for the rats that tested positive to clear protocol and play. Also they don’t get to practice. Their facility is shutdown and they have to do things virtually.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    One problem with that is the players don't get paid. The NFLPA won't stand for that. The Steelers won't go for it, either. They players would rightfully cry foul, and I don't think the organization would want to stand against them on that one.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Was that the now-defunct Lingerie Football League?

15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm with you, I want to see them play the Rats whenever. I don't want to see a forfeit because I don't want to hear their fans or organization making excuses. I think they should have to forfeit a second round 2021 draft pick to the Steelers if the game is postponed/rescheduled again. They caused the current situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    They've been been putting the Browns on display for years.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Too much complaining going on around here. The reality is there's no possible way the game could be played today. They still haven't determined how big this outbreak is. They have to continue to test everyone until all the tests are negative. So far that hasn't happened. The league can't very well send a team out to play when there's a real possibility some of them might have COVID.

Do we really want our players around guys who haven't been screened properly yet?

We'll play them on Sunday and the best team will win. It's really not a big deal. The last thing any fan should want is forfeited games. That's unfair to the healthy players and unfair to the fans. i sure as hell don't want to see that happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Screw the rats, i dont care if they have to forfeit or not, as a matter of fact i think it would be funny if they had too... Thats what you get for not handeling your buissness...lol

19. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I hadn't seen this before I posted something similar. I want the game played, even if it is beyond Sunday, but there has to be a price paid by the Ravens organization. They created this situation.

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Personally, I don't care how we get the W.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    While that is true still several degrees of difference between the mostly healthy Steelers squad and Ed Gennaro's Texas State Armadillos which is basically what the Ravens would be. Heck it wouldn't even be the Globetrotters vs the Generals

22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Complete BS. Screw the NFLPA.

23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree. I will not be complaining if the Ravens have to forfeit, or if they have to play severely short-handed. I don't care if the Steelers get to play opponents at their best or not. I just want to see them win. If they run into the Chiefs in the playoffs, but Mahomes can't go, would people really be complaining? I wouldn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I've seen reaction from a lot of Steeler players who are rightfully mad at moving this game. Coach Tomlin should make this a focal point for the pre-game speech on Sunday and get this team in a rabid fury. If I was MT and the players I would want to win by a major blowout. I'm sure they want to anyway but you know what I'm saying.

I do like the forfeiture of draft pick idea, that would be awesome.

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Raiders got a 6th rounder taken away.