1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game has been moved AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    @SDOT you’re infatuated with Glenn, stop the targeted harassment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Add defensive tackle Brandon Williams to the list of players the Ravens got back thanks to the last postponement. The thing is, without the COVID outbreak, there was almost no chance he would have played in this game. He has an ankle injury. All the delays gave him nearly an extra week to rest and recover, and the last postponement allowed them to get him back on the roster for the game tomorrow afternoon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Now, now :nono:, all these delays was saftey/ covid related issues ...lol

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    To be honest, I think they had to move it back to at least tonight. The Ravens were still having positive tests on active players Sunday (Andrews). My current issue is with the postponement from tonight to tomorrow. It wasn't medically necessary. The Ravens threatened the league and the league caved. That failure in the league office handed the Ravens a much better chance to win and screwed the Steelers for three games. Not only do they have to face the Ravens with at least three guys who shouldn't have been able to play, but they also get the next two weeks on short rest. The impact could go beyond that as well, as the Steelers will play their final six games in fewer days than the rest of the league. The Ravens are an exception, but they chose this last delay, so screw them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I agree with you but if we can’t beat RG3 missing Andrew’s and Snead shame on us. No excuses to lose this game. Now Washington on a short week when they have been waiting could be another story.

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Really the only way to salvage any of this and prove their it wasn't competitive claims would be to force the guys coming off the covid list to sit. Otherwise it's just bad for everyone

8. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I could have sworn i read somewhere that people that were on the list as of the original game time would not be allowed to suit up. Of course such a policy would probably motivate teams to lie.

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Someone told me earlier in this thread that if I were paying attention to Covid and the NFL there is no way they could have played this game Thanksgiving Night. To that I say BS! They had enough players to field a team and therefore they should have played with the negative players that were on the roster. I don't care if they have to use a Punter for a Center. Get out there, play with whom you have and quit screwing everyone else's schedule up or just forfeit with the non-symptom players available.

10. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hmmm... interesting excerpt from nfl.com

With the game being moved to Wednesday, the Ravens will have running backs Mark Ingram and J.K. Dobbins eligible to be activated for the game, as their 10-day isolation periods following positive coronavirus tests ended. Pelissero noted it's not a certainty either will play and neither was on the team plane due to isolation. ​

11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, Devin Bush and Zack Banner should be ready to go. Those two and whoever the hell our 2021 first round pick is.

12. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Williams has been ruled out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep it has been floating around since yesterday that both would be eligible since the ten days is over. Its also be thrown out there that their playing in the game also puts proof behind the "strains and pains of an extended time off" as straight up lying.

14. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Not a Rod Stewart fan per se(....OK, Every Picture Tells a Story and First Cut Is The Deepest are great tunes), but Infatuation featured Jeff Beck on guitar, and that's always good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    All of these delays, now I'm going to miss most of the first half. Just another reason for me to loathe the Rats, and another reason to distrust the NFL.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Anyone else’s excitement not as high as it should be for this game? Just seems like some of the excitement was sucked out of it with all the bs over the last week.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree. I was amped up for the game to be played on Thanksgiving night, and each move has slowly deflated my excitement like Tom Brady’s balls.

I meant footballs, folks. Get your minds out of the gutter ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    I’m back and forth with it. This game was probably my most anticipated as originally scheduled dating back to April. I was looking forward to being able to enjoy the holiday knowing you have that cherry on top. Then the postponement happened which sucked two-fold because it took away from the holiday itself for me. So then came the bummed stage. And as things have unfolded between Harbaugh declaring their facility closed till Monday the earliest and how the league has handled this I’ve now reached the Bloodthirsty stage.

I want tomorrow’s game to be a massacre from the get complete with Mason Rudolph taking most of the second half snaps.

19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Tom Brady’s balls deflate your excitement for football?
    :shrug:

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Sorry, but no. The Ravens were inappropriately given competitive aid by the league. That is inexcusable. Griffin throwing the ball isn't the issue. He can still run. The Steelers never did figure out Baltimore's RPO game in the first meeting. Thanks to the Ravens' dishonest stunt and the league's idiocy, the Ravens will have their three-headed monster at running back. Griffin can't do what Jackson does, but he can do just enough to help disrupt the run defense to open room for Dobbins, Ingram, and Edwards. This is an even bigger threat with Tuitt out.

Baltimore is hurting up front on defense, but the Steelers don't have the running game to take full advantage. That means the offense will again be Roethlisberger throwing against one of the league's top two or three secondaries. Sure, he should have better protection this time around, but this isn't nearly the mismatch it has been made out to be. It isn't even the mismatch it should have been.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The league certainly won't do that. It would mean admitting they postponed the game due to the Ravens' threat. There is no chance of them doing it, though you are right. That is exactly what should happen.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I saw that later. It's a small consolation given that they got what they wanted with Monday's stunt.

Even worse, the league is letting the game go ahead despite the Ravens having two more positive tests. Both of them, a player and a coach, participated in the workout Sunday, though they did not travel with the team tonight. That means they were around the team. It is possible that the people they exposed simply won't show symptoms or test positive yet Wednesday morning, but they could certainly put the Steelers at risk. So the league just keeps making things up as it goes and it keeps screwing up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Completely agree. I asked in another thread, how the hell were they allowed to be around the walk through if they were known to be possible positives? They should have been isolating until they were cleared. Just a remarkable crap storm.

24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Just read an article saying that the threatened wildcat strike would have invalidated the 2020 CBA. If that's true could be the reason the league blinked. If true it breaks the number 1 rule of hostage negotiations....don't negotiate with terrorists. Whats to stop the Ravens from doing it again and again. Some kind of surreal situation.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So basically there will be no forfeits and the league will blink every time a team pushes back hard enough. Yeah, this is going to be a disaster.