1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game has been moved AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They are soft. Whine & cry weekly.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Screw that. The Ravens whined and the league caved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Ravens players threatened to strike

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The only proper response to that by the league would have been to tell the Ravens to show up or forfeit. The league caved and handed the Ravens a better competitive situation. The Steelers did nothing wrong, and their reward is a more difficult game Wednesday, which will be followed by consecutive games on short weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    thumb_the-results-are-in-the-ravens-stillsuck-makeameme-org-the-results-50868715.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I wonder who Goodell consults before making these decisions, i.e. 'the league'.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    So they ignored protocols, get sick and now they whine because they are not at full strength? F*** them!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Why can't I count?

Test Positive for Covid on the 23rd begin Isolation on the 24th. 24th is Day 1, so the tenth Day, the final day of isolation is Thursday December 3rd. Eligible to return to the team Friday the 4th.

You can't begin Isolation on the Day you test Positive, and you can't end Isolation until after the 10th day.

Even if they count the 23rd as an isolation day they still come up short, unless they are allowed to return to the team on the 10th day; but the rules clearly state "10 days have passed".

9. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    they failed to adhere to guidelines and had an outbreak, caused the league national embarrassment and millions in lost revenue with the reschedule, threatened to not show up and honor their contracts because they didn't agree with the league.. what else am i missing? how do they come away with this without severe punishment? watch, instead of losing draft picks, they'll gain more by playing the compensatory pick system again. oh, and now they'll only lose their starting QB for one game because they stomped around crying about it long enough... not to mention not having to play without their starting RBs and i'm sure other players anymore because of the delay. pathetic. it's a new low for the nfl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The bull**** is that the Steelers are playing Monday night and the Ravens get their Monday night moved to Tuesday!

How does that happen? If the Steelers have to play a short week and a Monday night game then why can't the Ravens?

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The argument seems to be that each game was moved back a day, but the Ravens' game was actually the one initially scheduled to be played first. It is really about television. Baltimore-Dallas was supposed to be a national, prime-time game. It still will be, just on a Tuesday night instead of the initial Thursday. Fairness to the teams is irrelevant to the league.

The Steelers were going to get stuck with only five days between games at some point. This way, they get the shorter rest before they play Washington, then five days between that game and Buffalo. It's a crappy solution, but the only way to avoid it was to move both games. Honestly, that's what the league should do for the Steelers, push the game against the Bills back another day. Then the Steelers would be back on normal rest for that one and the following week, Monday night against the Bengals. But again, the league doesn't give a damn about doing right by the Steelers.

12. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    It’s better that the game against Washington is on Monday instead of Tuesday. Anyway you slice it they’ll be on a short week following this schedule change and they play the Bills on Sunday night Week 14. Just assume have 5 days to prepare for that game instead of 4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This. Better to have the shortest rest period ahead of the NFC matchup. The move of the WFT WTF game to Monday instead of Tuesday is a benefit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    5CA3892F-4A94-4B3F-B8CC-22F0369A9591.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Game better be played Wednesday or it’s obvious they are holding it out to get Ravens full strength. Already BS those running backs can play

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm fairly certain moving it another day doesn't get them any more players back. The Ravens definitely pulled their little stunt yesterday to get more players back. They threatened to throw a tantrum if the game was Tuesday night and the league caved, screwing the Steelers in multiple ways. Pittsburgh now has to face a Baltimore team with more key players back, and they now have a shorter rest before playing Washington.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Do we know Dobbins and Ingram are going to be allowed to play, or only that they're eligible to play?

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Saw a artical earlier, where Baltimore is postponing their flight so both players can travel with the team, so they will prob play

19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Thanks for the simple explanation. No way I was reading through all these post. I find it odd when someone is providing you with one hell of a big paycheck that you wouldn't follow the rules.

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The time in the protocol ends today. The only issue would have been if either showed symptoms or didn't have the required negative tests. Apparently, this bit of news means they will have both, which is a ****ing joke.

21. Sparkgap

Sparkgap Member

Nov 25, 2018
    The league is treating this like the Ravens are the victims here. Does anyone really believe that no one in the Raven's practice facility noticed that this Saunders guy was violating Covid protocol? There's a reason he was only suspended and not fired. Did his superiors, including the HC, know what was going on and allowed it to continue? Lack of institutional control in my book! The fact that they self-reported this is like pleading guilty to a misdemeanor when you know you committed a felony.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Exactly. I don't even need to see Glemm and I know he isn't following the covid protocols laid out by his governor. They looked covid in the face everyday and not one peep until some starters got it because of his negligence.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  23. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Whatever. The Ravens are scared and the Steelers need to prove to them they were right to be scared. Just destroy these cowards.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Anyone know if the playoff clinching scenarios are still in effect with all this tomfoolery?

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So why does this guy keep bringing this stuff up about me? @Steel_Elvis @Blast Furnace @Ray D