1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

GAME DAY - Wild Card - Pittsburgh @ Denver

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    HOLD IT!! It wasn't jball! It was fontana!!

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Hmmm... maybe it's a second language thing.

Freak, in the US, you do NOT describe a black man as a monkey. Ever. It's incredibly racist here.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ...........Ummm how do you get anything racist out of that?

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Before everyone flames Ike and Mundy on this play, I just want to give my take:

This last play was kind of the whole year in a nutshell. Lebeau had no choice to sell out on the run because the linchpin that makes the 3-4 work hasn't really been there all year for us. Casey Hampton has consistently been either hurt or ineffective all year. If we had a NT that can collapse a pocket and take up multiple blockers you don't need to put extra guys in the box. You can just play the run with just your front 7.

5. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Everyone is in denial. Lebeau was outcoached when it most mattered. Ben may of down at first but he certainly made up for it.

6. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    You didn't read the whole thing!

7. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    It was the line he edited out.

I believe (unless I'm confusing a few posters) that English is Freak's second language. I'm not sure he even realized what he said would be so bad.

It's like if I called Arians a jackass. But in the country where I said it, jackass was a racist term.

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    a monkey here is someone look stupid that does stupid things , but doesn't matter is not a problem if is black or white , i had the same problem with cowher too ,only i just can't stand decision like this taken with that stange look on his face . bye

9. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    freakfontana is now on my foe(ignored) list

10. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Just cancelled my reservaTION At the springhill suites in Indy :mad:

11. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    C'mon guys, no one is getting fired over this. Gonna be the same old story. LeBeau and/or Arians are staying put unless they retire. Tomlin will do nothing but keep trying to look like the cool leader he thinks he is. We will come back with most of the same team next year and we will continue to make the same mistakes. I'll tell you one thing though, next year we'll be lucky to finish 9-7 and make it as a wild card again.

I love this organization so much, 32+ years now, but tonight I'm sick to my stomach.

12. stlrs1fan

stlrs1fan Member

Oct 16, 2011
    u must have not read the original message about the black monkey on the sideline

13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok. but here in the US, it's a blatantly, and viciously used racial epithet. Just informing you so you don't make that mistake again. :)

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I edited the original post that was reported (and rightfully so) and issued Freak a warning. Here in the US, that's a horrible thing to say Freak, and it's against the rules of the forum here. I know we just suffered a hard loss, but I'll ask everyone to walk away from their computer before ranting in a way that involves personal attacks, extremely foul language, or racist remarks.

15. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I dont believe in God anymore after this game.

16. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    everyone should probably log off and come back tomorrow after they have drank a couple tonight and had a night of sleep...notice I didn't say good

17. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Oddly, now I do believe...

And I believe he hates me.

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    It was plain they changed the plays up for the Steelers. The secondary tried to bite on some of their bread and butter plays and got burned in the 2nd quarter, from that point on they were second guessing everything.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It was edited out. I think TTF may have took it out though because its not even showing up in any of the quoted responses.

20. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think what rubbed me and many others is the fact you put "black" in front of it...Kinda like you knew" exactly "what you were saying

21. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i sayd that don't bother to take it out ,
    i was meaning we have someone that had that expression on his face while was throwing our season in a toilet . i'm not racist but i can't stand stupid people that act like they know everything and they have clever sentence always ready , i would wait what will he say about it

22. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    finally, after all these years stinky, I have something in which I agree with you!
    :drinks:

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    You guys are crazy. Ben lost this game and it is due to Injury. I think in hindsite I would have played Batch from San Fran on. Then see what Ben had tonight. He still may not have been ready. Chill we'll be back next year. We just gotta Keep Ben alive and with two good legs and a good right arm. I had a supper bet and a lunch bet with two NE fans next week. I was going to have to pay up! I am free. I hate to lose to them. :herewego:

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey guys try as hard as you can to take the embarassment factor out of your mind. It wasn't actually you out there getting embarassed and undressed ,just a team that we all love.They may have let us down as fans this time around but there are many good games and moments in the future ,after all there are 31 other teams in the NFL and then there are the Pittsburgh Steelers. I really hope this helps,it's working for me a little bit.( a little) Good Nite to all.

25. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    So your happy we lost tonight. PATHETIC!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.