1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

GAME DAY - Wild Card - Pittsburgh @ Denver

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i would dissagree with that. i think the biggest reason they lost was due to all the injuries. just too much to overcome when your without your pro bowl center, starting rb, starting safety, all 3 of your starting dlineman and a qb that can barely walk.

Denver came out and punched them in the mouth. Taylor had his worst game as a pro and they made Tebow look like Elway today.

i will watch the rest of the playoffs from a distance, but im pulling for Tebow.

2. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    It's sad because that could be Wards last game....even though I would argue that he would have had been more effective than Wallace.

3. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Relax...

Steelers got what they deserved. 12-4 against the girl scouts is not something to be proud of, and building the no 1 defense against various girl scout troops in again weak.

Many in here thought this defense was legit. I tried to tell folks way way back in preseason that our defense was not very good.

So, you give up 30 to a team that hadn't scored 30 in their last 5 games combined! Not a bad showing.

But let me just say that in tomorrows Post Gazette and of course in the post game conference, injuries will be the excuse. But, wait, I thought the standard was the standard. We could plug in Elmer Fudd and he would play like Joe Greene? NOT!

Again and again, piss poor clock management, coaching, play selection and overall play or lack thereof from many who signed those huge contracts at the start of the year. Yea, we need to lock all these folks down so they don't go somewhere else and play.....Hah!

I am glad it is over. The steelers did not deserve to win. They played like crap and deserved to loose.

Now, how's that "swaggin" working out for all of you all?

rutan

4. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    :bscow: We basically had all 11 guys on the line of scrimmage. Is that a new formation we were trying out? Nice call coach! :thumbsup:

Fire all our coaches immediately!

5. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I will not be able to watch any sports shows all week long now, except the NHL network stuff, that is only hockey.

6. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    At least we can look forward to Ben playing in the pro bowl:)

7. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    As much as being competitive and being in the playoffs is, to get beaten by TIM TEBOW, when the Lions, Bills, Patriots, and Chiefs put up a clear freaking blueprint of how to stop this one trick pony. Then our offense, don't even get me started about leaving points on the board.. Our coaching is piss poor, been saying it for years.

8. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Lets face it though ,6 rings guys,,we Steelers fans have been treated pretty good ..I barely remember the 70's but in the big picture its been a good 40 years to be steeler fans ...Could be a brownie like my poor father :lolol:

9. RBloodworth

RBloodworth Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Welcome to my life, bro. I also root for Ohio State football and basketball, the Cincinnati Reds and the Cleveland Cadavers. Ever since last year's AFCC, following my favorite teams has been a living Hell. You think it's bad now, wait until the freaking Ratbirds win the Super Bowl and murder accessory Ray Lewis gets to retire a conquering hero like the Bus did in '06. Don't laugh; if I despise a team, they're bound to win a championship.

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    what do you have a 60 yard fg with 3 sec left in denver (like 50 in other place) and you don't even try ??????????
    i was just too kind , anyway banned me i want to vomit :frustrated:

11. C ZACK

C ZACK Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think I'm going to be sick

12. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :this!:

13. va.STEEL

va.STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    pettition to get jball banned,I'll start it
    I'm first on the list :herewego!:

14. bovieo68

bovieo68 Member

Jan 8, 2012
    I have been a steeler fan since i was 10 years old, and im not making excuses for this loss. BUT there is no way thAt anyone can convince me that the nfl is not set up....... I KNEW WHAT WAS GONA HAPPEN IN THIS GAME. SINCE the last 2.00 mins of regulation, i knew we where gona get knocked out of field go range. and tebow was gona win it in over time. its all abought tebow this year....... lol he is the feel good story of the nfl this year which is bulls**t ...... srry about my typing. and we will win the supperbowl again within the next two years.

15. one4theotherthumb

one4theotherthumb Active Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Two deep drives in the 1st quarter and we came away with 6 points. You can blame the loss on the D but it must be disheartening to sit on the bench and watch such an incompetent O. We stayed close not because of the excellent plays called by BA but because of the school yard plays by BR.

If you live by the sword, you will die by the sword. Tebow's school yard antics were enough to win.

16. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    EXCUSE ME??! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN??

17. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    what did I do?!!

18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Uhhh... yeah. What did I miss? :)

19. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    :amen:

I agree that the injury situation this year was very difficult to overcome. I didn't follow this thread, but the loss of both Kiesel and Hampton killed us - even though it wasn't the running game that was the problem. Not having Clark back there hurt too and Ike played horribly. It was a terrible way to end a season for him. Oh well - I know there's going to be a lot of negativity on this board over the next week or so, so I'll probably see you guys in April when it's time to draft. Reach me via email if you wish, but I can't take reading all the "Fire (insert coach's name here)" threads.

20. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude Freak wrote that!!!!!!

21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It actually would have been a 66 yd FG. I mean really what is more like to happen? Suisham, the leagues worst kicker, shatters the NFL record, OR the attempt gets blocks and maybe returned for a TD OR Ben hits a Hail Mary or gets a PI call? In my mind Suisham hitting the FG is the LEAST likely scenario.

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Unfortunately I think he means what you think he means. He is obviously a racist pig

23. stlrs1fan

stlrs1fan Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope u jump on a different bandwagon with ur racist ****

24. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    lol, I guess you didn't get p_ssed off enough. Do better next time we blow a playoff game like that.

:FBAI!:

25. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i'm not a racist pig : a monkey can be white or black , but that face looking always cool but lost has to have a monkey brain inside .
    do you realize we didn't even try to make the field gol with 3 sec left ???????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.