1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

GAME DAY - Wild Card - Pittsburgh @ Denver

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    the difference is, you blame it on arians. this isn't arians. this is an absolute lack of execution. this is poor qb play, poor wr play, poor o-line play . . . by the players. NONE OF THIS is on arians.[/quote:2j0e77sx]
    This is absolute lack of a gamplan by everyone! The "gunslinger" ain't helping at all. However Arians is doing anything to help the case.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    the difference is, you blame it on arians. this isn't arians. this is an absolute lack of execution. this is poor qb play, poor wr play, poor o-line play . . . by the players. NONE OF THIS is on arians.[/quote:j0yeohbb]

And who prepares the players? Who drills them so it's second nature? Who puts them in a position to succeed?

If something is obviously not working, who has to adjust?

The whole team sucks today. but when an entire unit breaks down, let alone the entire team, it falls on the coaches.

I have a sword they're welcome to fall on.

(TTF, what's going on here? The server is doing its best old board impersonation)

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sure, if we put Batch in. I have no faith in Ben at all.

4. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    :praying:

5. Sir bomb

Sir bomb New Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Easy come back in the second half.

6. Forged Steel

Forged Steel Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    As bad as the D has been this is a total team collapse. Sure would have been nice to get TDs instead of FGs, would be nice to get some damn pressure on Tbow, would be nice to have a secondary that doesn't look completly lost.

7. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ha, Lewis ck :lolol:

8. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm not an overreactor but I think Batch has to start the 2nd.

Not only because Ben is so messed up but the whole team needs an uplift. There's no intensity at all.

9. Kel_In_PA

Kel_In_PA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We used to be able to get come from behind wins. I don't think we have done that for a while.

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm putting this mostly on T....No way no now should have 7 taken ONE snap in that Browns game. LeBeau needs to get some pressure on Tiny Tim in second half!!

THIS IS A TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT!!

11. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  12. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    looking back on it we should have rested Ben once he hurt ankle. I am not knocking Tomlin because it is a tough call, but obvious looking back on it.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    THey are so worried about him taking off they are looking like statues. That long pass down the middle five of them were all alone on the one side and never moved when they have zero ppl to cover

14. Guest

Guest Guest

This first half was nearly an organization-wide failure. At least Suisham hit the field goals or we'd be even more hosed than we are now. Ah well, Steeler football is 60 minutes, there are no style points, and the standard is the standard. Time to unleash heck in the second half and win this thing.

Let's get the only win for a road team this weekend.

15. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Tebow sucks and we are making him look like ****ing Brady. Unbelievable. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

16. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly :thumbs_up:

17. Tiny

Tiny Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This is sickening. Our receivers need to stop dropping balls. Our D is going to have to pull this off for us. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

18. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    absolute **** by the whole team

19. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    the guy yinz all bashed for not wanting this inevitable result in new england is breathing a sigh of relief. we are too banged up. ben is at about 35%. our wr's (as marino is pointing out as i type) are not getting open. our patchwork line is starting to get blown up. legursky, playing out of position, just cost us at least three points. our defense is down to mundy, mcclendon, heyward . . . we are getting desperate. troy is starting to gamble. this is getting out of control fast. we're starting to press and that's only going to make things worse.

the only chance we have is for tomlin to calm these guys at halftime and for us to come out and get a quick takeway and put a quick six on the board. if we allow denver's crowd to continue to get into this game and allow the young untalented players on the other side of the ball to grow their belief, this isn't going to be close.

20. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Our fast WR are just not tough enough. We need Ward back for this team.

21. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I believe :praying: :praying: :praying:

22. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Everything went downhill once Kiesel got hurt. He is a bigger part of this defense than people realize I think.

23. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Oops. Louis. Mea Culpa. I think faster than I type. :)

24. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, I almost wish we didn't have a shot for the division title but still had clinched the playoff spot. He probably would have rested. As it is now he's going to have to add a whole new chapter to his legend for us to play next week.

25. va.STEEL

va.STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    We're behind,so what
    we'll soon catch up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.