1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Full list of UFA's for 2016

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rhys Lightning 63, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Would Tamba Hali and Von Miller be asking too much??? LOL! I really wanted Pierre Thomas before we got DeAngelo but then DeAngelo played awesome so I guess I would rather see how DeAngelo looks next year before we try to take another RB. It's funny because really about the only people that truly "stick out" are the big name guys. There doesn't seem to be any diamonds in the rough on there. Isn't Leon Hall pretty solid though? Also I'd pretty much give my right arm to get Eric Berry. Honestly the punters are the most intriguing thing on the list to me. I think that's a huge area of concern. We just saw the difference field position can make. People kept asking me this week "what happened to my Steelers" and I would always say "we didn't have a punter". They would just look perplexedly and walk away. LOL!

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd consider Ngata on a one year show me deal and then resign McClendon but move him to DE where he has shown some flash. Then look at some of the CB's or safeties that could step in and immediately play but maybe aren't big name flashy guys that will be in a bidding war.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, price tag is probably too rich for Berry and Weedle.

At CB it might be worth checking out Prince Amukamara, I remember some people liking him out of college, not sure how his pro career has gone.

QB: Maybe Matt Moore depending on Grads injury. Tomlin has said there is no set #2 recently. Hopefully they jettison Vick and bring in someone else to compete.

I dont think they are or should be in the market for a punter, our whole ST with the exception of Bos, sucked in Denver.

I doubt they bring in a RB. I like what we have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    CB Trumaine Johnson from the Rams would be a nice pick up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Maybe Toler? I know we showed some interest in Robinson (CB San Diego) last year, so maybe we still like his game.

I like the idea of Iloka, although idk what his price tag would be. We need to be looking at SS tho for sure. Also DL. Grab someone who can play a little bit inside when we go to our nickel and end when we are in base. Idk who that is, but we should be looking for that guy.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Berry might actually wind up being the highest paid safety in the game. He's a ball hawk who can cover and tackle.

8. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    We need to improve at NT. This is where it makes sense to sign a FA IMO. Possibly some depth on the O-line in FA as well.

The secondary needs to be addressed in the draft. I think we wait to see what happens come draft time and fill the holes were needed. FS, SS, CB, OLB, NT, and DE depth need to be addressed.

We desperately need a playmaker on defense. I don't think the FA is were you find that kind of player.

9. steelgirl84

steelgirl84 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Who the hell is David Nelson?
    I didn't even know he was on our team. He's a WR & I don't get why we didn't give him a shot, the guy is 6'5"! He's only played about 50 games in the NFL but his average is 11.1 yards. Anyone else know anything about him? Or why we didn't even try to use him? I don't see us keeping him- but who knows.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I haven't watched any film on college safeties yet, but from what I've read there may not be any who could contribute early. Therefore, I would prioritize safety over corner in free agency (though one of each would be nice). I like both Bengals - Nelson and Iloka, though Nelson would be a better fit (although probably more expensive). I would also take a good look at Tashaun Gipson. At corner, I like the Rams' free agents Johnson and Jenkins.

I also wonder how Bruce Irvin would be as an OLB in a 3-4 full time. He's been a bit of a LB/DE hybrid for the Seahawks, and I think he may flourish outside in our defense.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Didn't Gipson start out quick but then fade? Also the one thing about those LOB guys in Seattle is are they really that good as individuals or do they just play well as a unit? They had said that Maxwell was the heart and soul of that d and he went to Philly and apparently didn't have a good year at all.

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Does the age concern you? Nelson is/will be 33, I'd like to get younger at the position if possible. Same with Weddle.

I would check out Gipson as well or the guy from Detroit.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    He had an ankle injury earlier in the season, maybe that's what you're thinking of???

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Norman would be awesome but he's probably about to really get paid after the season he just had.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Would anyone welcome Adam Jones :lolol:

17. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I would welcome him...to meet one of D.Will's decleating blocks.

18. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Just a few names that jump out at me that I think could help:

Stefen Wisniewski (played guard early in his career, I'd plug him in at LG)
    Jared Crick (DE depth)
    Prince Amukamara CB (probably way too expensive)
    Trumaine Johnson CB (liked him coming out of Montana)
    Morris Claiborne CB (former top-15 pick IIRC)
    Kyle Wilson CB (another former first rounder)
    Mark Barron S (potential starter at SS)

19. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Never happen but coby fleener and mark barron

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't know if any of the bungles would be welcomed here after this year. I've honestly wondered if there weren't some major professional bridges burned this season and post season in particular.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, I'll admit I didn't check Nelsons age, but thought he was right around 30. However, I see us as top contenders right now, and Nelson can help out big time right now. So, while I wouldn't mortgage the future for him I would bring him in if we can afford him on a 1-2 year deal. He's a really good player.

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Gipson is a Brown, not a Seahawk. Also, he is a safety who had to spend time at corner this season due to injuries at the corner position. He wasn't a particularly good corner, but he covers really well for a safety. I would expect him to be moderately priced.

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I was talking about Bruce Irvin.

24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I think if Harrison retires a guy I would love to get is Greenway, I have liked this kid since he came out from Iowa. Also I would love to keep an eye on IIoka, if he don't go thru the roof I think he would be a nice fit. I think we can find a guy at CB that might be cheap and good, a few names already said from the Rams Jenkins and Johnson. I also would look at Powers and Shead, if we want to spend more here I am all about Smith. As far as other positions:

QB - Yates & Daniels.....cheap as #2's
    WR - 2 Bunholes Jones and Sanu
    TE - Fleener
    DT - Bryant, Knighton, Raji

25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wonder if Luke McCown could be lured away from the Saints and what his asking price would be? Of course, that would entail the Steelers not envisioning L Jones as the solid #2. And I don't know if that's the case.