1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

From Hines on his Facebook page

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Jan 10, 2012.

1. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I wanted take a moment to thank all of Steeler Nation for the love and support. I'm sorry for the disappointing loss. I'm still depressed about it. We had a great year finishing 12-4 but our ultimate goal was to win the Super Bowl and we fell short. Hats off to Denver. I'm also getting lots of questions about retirement so let me set the record straight: I have no plans on retiring right now. I want to win another Superbowl. I don't know where the media is getting this info from but rest assured that when I decide to retire, you'll hear it from ME first. - HINES

2. csykescollege

csykescollege Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
  3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  4. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    :this!: :this!: :amen: :amen:

5. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Could Hines be the "Bettis" of 2012?

6. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I love Hines and no doubt he'll go down as one of the greatest Steelers ever but it was very painful to see him riding the pine for most of that playoff game :(

7. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

I completely agree. I don't know if he's in Tomlins doghouse or what but they sure didn't use him nearly enough in the second half of the season. He still has the skills and ability to compete but somehow BA's pass happy offense didn't include much of those traits.

8. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Maybe that's going to be a factor in his return next year. I would think that he would want a specifically defined role in the offense. This year, it seemed like he just dropped off the map. Maybe with specific expectations next year it won't be as painful.

9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

He should have been out there..... :-(

10. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    What's worse is how...sad... Hines looked on the bench. I did not see that smile that I have grown used to seeing and look for every game. To be honest it kind of gave me an eerie feeling when they would pan in on Hines. I know...there will be cries for me to turn in my man card now.

11. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Great news and I'm glad to be getting him back for the '12 season. Now, we need a new OC that can exploit the talent Hines brings to the team.

:FBAI!:

12. Krunch

Krunch Member

Nov 22, 2011
    There were definitely times this year when I would have had Hines on the field, especially short yardage situations. Not only can he find the open spot, but he can block even if he is a step or two slower. I suspect BR and BA want everyone fifty yards down field. One game in particular, it was 3rd and goal from the 8, there is no one else I would have rather had on the field.

I have missed his smile much of the year. Don't know what happened with that. Hopefully he didn't lose his love of the game.