1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

From a non-football message board (Raven fan)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ray D, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    A Raven fan posted this on another board. I almost fainted at the honesty.

"Good LORD I had to pull the defibrillator over from the nearby volunteer fire dept. that last drive. Awesome game for the most part though.

The referees were pretty freaking strange that game. I will say: If Clark got an illegal hit, where was the one on Lewis that knocked Ward out of the game? I would LOVE some consistency here. This is coming from a Ravens fan too, so something is up. I really dislike these rules, I dislike inconsistency in the penalty calling even more though, how the hell are we supposed to tell what is illegal and waht isn't with this madness? "

2. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I shouldn't have looked at this thread anything that says "raven fan" until the playoffs get here and I'll kill someone.

3. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That is so true. Even my wife stated the same thing. She said if that was a penalty on Clark, then why wasn't it a penalty on Ray Lewis' hit on Ward?

Also, some of the tacky pass interference calls on the D-Backs are so petty it doesn't make sense. It was so inconsistent on the red zone all day. Rodney Harrison said that they should start taking money off of the Refs for those inconsistent calls. This would stop all of that petty stuff and let the players play.

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Same here. My wife and I were talking about that and just shaking our heads in disbelief (not that it's really that hard to believe with the current officiating).

5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That said someone needs to teach Taylor and Gay how to hold and get away with it. Actually grabbing and pulling the jersey is going to draw the flag everytime and that's what I saw last night when each of them drew the penalty.

6. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Unless you are plaxico Burress -- did you see him mug the DB and no call, yet a DB breaths hard on a receiver and a flag come out.

The ones that really get under my skin are when the official didn't throw a flag initially and the reciever crys for a flag and then they throw it way late (typically depends on the start status of the WR).

7. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Really it's getting ridiculous.

Patriots concussed Ward, last year, and no flag.

As far as PI inconsistency... Look at the Jets... Revis and Cromarty hold ALL THE TIME. I have been saying this since the season the Bengals swept the AFC North and played the Jets in the Wild Card round of the playoffs. Some DBs can get away with it, and others can't. Just like some QBs can't get hit, but others can. Yesterday the Bills DBs were getting flagged for holding and PI, but Revis and Cromarty were draped all over the Bills WRs.

It's making me not want to watch football anymore. Because it feels like the games aren't fair. It seems as though there are different sets of rules for different players/teams.

Even with all that, though... Steelers should have won that game, last night. These calls wouldn't have changed the outcome. How are they not protecting the deep ball when Flacco went vertical every play prior to the last TD?