1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Free The Mountain!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ThrowToHeath, Sep 16, 2014.

1. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I was going to say the same. I'm not sure there is a defense Thomas can be effective in.

2. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    We don't have a high powered offense. We have trouble stringing together more than a handful of plays, and the OL doesn't help matters at all.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don't disagree, but it seems to be the least unlikely path to success. An up tempo, run/pass no huddle offense can help reduce the sting of the pass rush. We have OK run blockers on the balance, a really solid RB and potentially explosive WRs. It seems to me that we maximize our chances for scoring points through tempo, particularly when we look back at last season.

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    :thumbs_up:

With Ben, the O-Line, Bell and WR core... they can put up 3 TDs per game. Put a few scores on Suisham's toe. That's 30 points. That seems to be enough to beat most teams as long as the D can hold the other team back a bit.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    if they take the no-huddle to the EZ, but we seem to stop it inside the red zone.:cool:

6. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I say play the man. How much worse can it be? I would prefer to see the team play bad while trying some things than play bad with the current lineup.

7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    McClendon was a full participant in practice the mountain man will not be unleashed this weekend. Sorry kiddos

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we brought in speed and we don't use it. blake, mitchell, thomas are all fast, and (quick) which maybe the most useable part of their games. it could allow for some tighter coverage but the DB's have to worry so much about run support. if they didn't have to do that there would be tighter coverage.:cool:

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    the cats have some guys not practicing too. the 1-2 rb's, benjamin, hardy, a starting cb, and greg olsen partial practice.:cool:

10. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I would call Big Snack in, make him pass a physically able to perform test, and by that I mean can he walk (briskly mind you) a twenty?

"Welcome back to the team! Now, go grab a bite to eat while we search the earth for enough material to make you a uniform."

11. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    The Mountain was deactivate against the Panthers. Looks like I will be visiting petition.org...

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Save your time, didn't need him.

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Panthers line couldn't keep McClendon/Heyward from ripping and penetrating when they wanted to. Like others have said different scheme that these guys have success against. Also, looked like they were happy to double them and not run at them.