1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Yeah I’m pretty sure most of these guys see it for what it is. Smack talk. I think they realize Boyds words were more about him saying stuff with relation to the rivalry and sticking up for his team. The assumption is he would be saying that kind stuff now about the Bengals if he were on our team. How about all the stuff that goes on in the nHL fights, smack talking etc. and guys get traded to different teams all the time. These guys see and here alot on and off the field from other players. Its the nature of competition.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats not smack talk, man. Athletes know there are certain things you don’t say because you could end up being teammates one day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Well let me put like this. If Brandon Aiyuk said that about the Steelers after a game and he were a free agent right now, I don’t think the front office or Tomlin would allow that to get in the way of signing the guy.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Are you still in touch with any of your old English teachers? If so, tell them you want a refund because they failed to teach you reading comprehension. What I wrote was that if they passed on him because he hurt their feelings two years ago, that would be stupid. I didn't claim that they did or didn't, just that it would have been a stupid way to make that decision on a player. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

5. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    you grabbed on to that narrative because you don’t want to admit the real reason they passed on him which was lack of talent. That way it makes you still look right and you can blame the FO. It speaks more about your Ego than anything else.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I see now you are gaslighting me, which speaks more to your utter lack of integrity. I did not write that. I did not grab on to that narrative. That was other posters. I told them it was nonsense. I explained this to you multiple times. You argued with me about it on another thread. There is no excuse for you to still be getting it wrong, so the only possibility is you are gaslighting me rather than admitting your error. Clearly, you were lying when you insisted that you admit when you are wrong.

7. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I didn’t say you wrote it. I said you supported it. Who needs the English dictionary now. If I gaslighted you, believe me you would go up in flames because your full of a lot of sh$&

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't support it. What you wrote was that I grabbed on to it, which could mean that I wrote it or that I agreed with it. Neither is true. I argued against it. You know this. You are lying like the gaslighting, dishonest troll that you are.

9. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I said already I must have misread it. I thought you were using it to take shots at the FO. But there you go again getting personal. Can’t you debate without calling people names or attacking them personally?

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You insisted for four or five posts that I had grabbed onto that narrative before finally, just now, admitting that you were wrong. Sarcastically writing that it was another Formerscribe is not admitting your error. You were gaslighting me, so I called that out. Now you are using my appropriate response to your lying to make more false claims about me.

Now do what you should have done all along. Apologize for your error. Admit your gaslighting and move on.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I totally meant I'd take either of them, but I typed both. My bad, and I thought Golden did play special teams last year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That wasnt my point. I clarified that I wasn’t stating that it was why they didnt sign him. I was highlighting the difference between saying people quit and getting into a fight. If you don’t think there are Steelers players that don’t hold a grudge against Boyd I dont know what to tell you. I’m sure Watt really enjoys being called a quitter.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or they weren't that interested in him in the first place, I guess 31 other teams decided to low ball him too :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think the Steelers offered what he ended up getting, so no, not everyone lowballed them the way the Steelers did.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Good on the Steelers for not overpaying for Boyd, they can get the same production from the slot with the guys they signed instead.

16. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I get it but if the player is a great player that can add value to the team, I’m sure Watt and others would be willing to open the guy with open arms and prove to him he was wrong fir saying what he was saying. With that being said Boyd was probably right in his assessment. We had alot if quitters and bad attitudes on the team last year.

17. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I don’t even know what gaslighting means. Are you really that narcissistic that you have to have the last word or be right. It’s been obvious to me in both our debates that you can’t take not being right. It’s more about winning the argument with you. Than hearing other people’s opinions and having an open mind and allowing yourself to possibly see things a different way.

you just like arguing for the sake of arguing.

18. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    31 other teams didn't offer what the Titans did. So, yeah, every other team lowballed him the way the Steelers did.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This from the guy who kept insisting I wrote something that I didn't even after I corrected you and pointed you to the evidence at least four times. There is no different way to see it. I never wrote that the Steelers didn't want Boyd because he said things they didn't like. I never agreed with anyone else saying it. I never grabbed on to the idea, as you put it. I argued against it. You claimed that I had done it, then kept repeating that lie. There is nothing subjective about that. You were wrong and can't even own such a small error. With some people, every accusation is a confession. You seem to be one of those people.

Regarding you not knowing what gaslighting is, being ignorant is fine, but you seem to be proud of it. Why would you be proud of that?

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Other teams could have offered the same amount. Others could have offered less than the Titans, but more than the Steelers. So no, your statement is not true. :)

21. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am still waiting on a new CB. I love Spotrac for finding out what Free Agent Players are still out there.
    2024 NFL Free Agents (spotrac.com)
    upload_2024-5-11_1-33-8.png

As Long as Justin Simmons is still on the Market, I can also dream of this Backfield. Minka taking on the "Monster" or "Superman" roll. MATRIX: Hey where is Minka? Out there doing his Superman thing. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Simmons will have to drop his asking price, he hasn't received much interest in free agency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Why are you so suspicious and antagonistic towards people who have different opinions from you?

25. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Not from the USA, are you?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1