1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Freaking injuries are driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ravenhater, Oct 30, 2011.

1. ravenhater

ravenhater Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    God I hope Woodley is ok. Anyone think we can beat the Ravens without both Silverback and Woodley?

2. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Just heard on Black and Gold radio that Woodley said his injury most likely won't keep him out next week. Any word on Harrison's return yet?

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Jerry Dulac just said on Twitter: "Some good injury news: James Harrison seeing doctor this week and COULD return vs Ravens." That's good.
    He also said: "Some bad injury news: OLB LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) probably won't play vs Ravens, despite what he says."

4. ravenhater

Oct 26, 2011
    Latest I have heard is Dulac said on Twitter the despite what Woodley said it does not look good for him next week. I have also heard reports the Harrison wil not be back until after the bye so we very well may go into the teeth of our division the next 2 weeks without both. I know Flacco has been struggling (all though he did bring them back today. That would have been sweet if Arizona could have held on) and Dalton is bound to have rookie mistakes sooner or later but man!!!!! Can't we catch a break with these injuries? Man if we can get to the bye at 8-2 with no more injuries and take that time to heal up this season is going to get special real fast!!!

5. ravenhater

Oct 26, 2011

Pretty cool about Harrison all though even though these next 2 weeks are huge I think it is best to get them healthy for the stretch run even though it could mean we are 6-4 or 7-3. Timmons played prett well so no matter if one or either comes back the next 2 weeks he needs to keep it up and also with as well as the D has been playing we NEED to start getting some turnovers/splash plays.

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Woodley just posted on his Facebook that he will play. Guess we'll see.

7. Bettis36

Bettis36 New Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It would be great to see either one of them play. If our secondary can play close to how they played today we will be ok. Just as long as BA let's Ben do more play calling with the no huddle. Don't let the Ravens sub in for the fat line they have. Hopefully both of them will be back after the bye.

8. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yes, without a doubt. As long as #43 is suiting up and out on the field we'll field a top defense. If Woodley is out I'm confident enough in Carter (or Worilds if he's healthy) to get the job done at an average level.

We're at home, our offense is discovering its mojo, and we're out for payback. I'm looking forward to next Sunday.

9. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Worilds better get his backside on the field or he'll become irrelevant after the way Carter played today..

At least the injuries are allowing the coaching staff to see that we have some talented young players.