1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Franco Harris

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Jan 31, 2020.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Still the all time leading rusher in Super Howl history with 354yds in 4 games.......

That is my Steelers fact of the day on my desk calander............:drinks:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Thats because he played in 4 SB, he only averaged about 87 yards, not that impressive.....

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    debbie downer lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey NY STEELERFAN.

What are you grasping at here my friend? Just having a little fun with you. Are you pissed that we are not in the Big Game? I know I am! I want it every year. I know, I know people will say that is unrealistic. However, isn't that the end goal every year; for all of one's sports teams? It is for mine: Steelers, Pirates and Penguins baby! If this is not a true fan's ultimate goal every year then what is one cheering for? Second place? Participation Trophy? You will get them next year consolation comments from the winner? Bull. I play to win and win every time.

Yeah, it may not happen and the odds are stacked against it. Well, I say: So What! That's my prerogative as a fan. I know for me personally, that with the start of every new season brings the hope of winning it all. Otherwise, why follow my teams? Shoot, I felt no different even with the team we put out there this past season. We were competitive up to the end. Teams are nothing more than mortal men. With that given, who knows what can happen. Hey we could have made a playoff run and won every game 2-0. With the "D" we had it was possible. Highly unlikely but possible.

You keep posting those "What Happen on this Day in Steelers' History Facts". I like them. I appreciate them. Makes great dinner table conversation.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe you are right but does it matter I mean lighten up look at the guys behind him, I guess some people are just glass half empty kind of guys :facepalm:

Csonka 2nd with 297 3 games
    Emmitt 3rd with 289 3 games

Thurman thomas played in 4 games and is 6th on the list...........

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Marcus Allens 191 yards and timmy smiths 204 yards rushing in 1 superbowl is more impressive, franco just had average games in 4 SBs is all i'm saying....

• Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I really am not getting at nothing just trying to have some fun with guys on the board. We get so caught up in each others opinions and who we think is right or wrong we forget we are all on the same team......rooting for the same team. I thought I would share these bits of info when I think of it as my son(the eagle fan) bought me this calander for Xmas. I am glad you are enjoying them I hope others are as well................:smiley1:

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I am pretty sure that wasn't the point but carry on with your negativity........

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    53 SB's and he is the leader......not impressed smh

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Franco’s Italian Army....lol. He was my first ever Steeler jersey. It was part of a set with helmet, pants and jersey they used to sell at Sears( catalog)...lol. I still have the helmet in my weight room. It will always be my favorite piece of memorabilia. Yeah Franco!!

• Like Like x 4
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There is a flashback

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Joe Starkey and Ron Cook were talking about previous Steelers Superbowls this morning. They were relating about how the Steelers were ready to hire Joe Paterno as their head coach in 1969 but Paterno declined the offer and left the Steelers scrambling to find a head coach.
    Don Shula who had Chuck Noll as his DC, called Art Rooney and suggested that they hire Noll. Shula then went to the hotel room where Noll and his wife were staying. Noll wasn't there so Shula told Chuck's wife that if the Steelers offer Chuck the HC position, take it because the Rooney's were good people. At the time Noll was mulling offers from the Bills and Patriots who were offering him their HC jobs.
    Sure enough the next day Art Sr. called Noll and of course he accepted. Without Don Shula orchestrating the whole hiring of Chuck Noll who knows what the Steelers future would have looked like.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The sad part is I know exactly what you are talking about and here is one better than that. I can still remember putting an "X" on it for my Xmas list..........

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Playing in 4 SB's is impressive enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Averaging almost 90 yards in the SB isn't that bad, in their last 2 SB wins the Steelers were becoming more of a passing team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yes, Bradshaw only threw for around 90 yards in Superbowl IX. Franco ran for 158, he was the whole offense for that game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Think of what may have been, had he remembered to bring his helmet on to the field...

• Like Like x 2
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Hey Darkness, I still am a member in good standing of Franco's Italian Army. Are you Italian?

I didn't have that particular jersey/helmet set, but I did have the Steelers pajamas and robe set.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes I am. Hilarious find...I’ll take a picture of the helmet and post it later. I wanted everything out of the catalog. Good memories....

• Like Like x 2
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Wow........awesome flashback!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah sabotage......pure sabotage, lol

22. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I saw the title of the thread and started having flashbacks to a post about Franco that was like 3 pages long. I almost didn't open this up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    HAHAHA!! Wife got me same thing for Christmas and I remind her I've been retired 10 years. I keep it in our shed.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Probably when people started saying defense wins Championships. The NFL realized people want offense over watching boring defensive battles thus the rule changes over the years. As for this old guy I'll take a dominating defense any day.

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I had completely forgotten about that. Fun times...