1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Franchise tag?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bleedsteel, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    As far as I know, we haven`t used it on anyone.
    Is there anyone yinz think we SHOULD use it on?

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    at this rate of cutting guys we may use it on the waterboy. i heard philly is looking at him. :cool:

3. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Philly's looking for a new waterboy. Theirs was an unrestricted free agent that was signed by the raiders for $1.2 mil plus a $500k signing bonus. It's only a one year deal so they'll probably be looking again next year.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    he'd probably be better on D than what they had this year

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Bad news; the waterboy has just been cut as well. Apparently he was taking up too much room on the sideline for the contribution he made.

6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    and he was using too much water which caused their water bill to go up.. we save another $300

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think there's a good one we could get in the supplemental draft. it may cost us a pick but you can't put a price on high quality H2O. :guiness: :shots: :cool:

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No we need to get a dog to retrieve the tee.

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Hahaha....I think everyone has made the appropriate response to this question there theres not too much more to add really!

10. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    We can't afford to pay anyone Top 5 pay at any position.

11. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Good jokes, Y`all...
    I actually did get some good laughs from the responses. Thanx.
    I was just wondering if there was anyone I overlooked, or hadn`t thought about, that would be worth the tag.
    Funny how we don`t even use our franchise tag, while the Clowns have to franchise their KICKER... Two years in a row.
    Now that`s funny right there, I don`t care who ya are...
    And it`s true, that we don`t really have that kinda money to put on anyone right now.
    I just read a good article about how we just got about 10 mil under the projected cap, thru our restructures, and cuts, but we are still gonna be scraping to retain some rfa`s that we might want to keep.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12063/1214208-66.stm
    And of course we will have to pay whoever we draft. That`s one advantage to drafting lower, the pay isn`t as ridiculous for unproven players.
    GO STEELERS!

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Dont make fun of the Browns...the Steelers franchised Jeff Reed before.

13. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, who else did we have that could teach those towel dispensers a lesson about respect?!?!
    Actually, I did forget about that... good call.

14. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe it's not popular this days, but the franchise tag should be used retaining K Colbert & O Khan if allowed!

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it's just ashame that after all the cuts we made we would use it all up to franchise one wr. then they take away one of the picks you would get to tender the same guy. it's like you almost get punished for making a guy good just in time to make another team better. where would wallace actually go in this draft if he would enter it right now? would it be the 31st pick in the draft? thats what we could possibly get for him. whats wrong with this picture? there should be some kind of rule about second contract based on the top 10 instead of the top 5 average and so forth. :cool: