1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Foster on T.J. Watt - chasing big brother

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 12, 2019.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Foster is especially fired up about linebacker T.J. Watt.

"He's still looking like a god and doing the same exact things you expect him to," Foster said of Watt. "The biggest thing he's doing right now is chasing his brother. So as long as he's chasing him, I think we're in a good situation. He was telling me a story about how he ran up on his brother's notebooks -- how he had stacks and bundles of notebooks and how he just sat there and read through them and was like, 'Whoa, I've got to step my game up.' He realized what it actually takes to do the things that he wants to do from one of the greatest to ever do it."

Graziano: Fantasy tips and nuggets from Colts, Bengals, Browns and Steelers camps
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-nuggets-colts-bengals-browns-steelers-camps

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Well.. J.J. did say during T.J.'s Pre Combine back in 2017 that his brother was more developed than him. For whatever that is worth, that is some praise for certain. I am just hoping T.J. can remain healthy all season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Big brothers are pretty good motivators especially when you got the tools to measure up... Couldn't have a better mentor/motivator.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    When he gets some help on the right side, he can chase JJs 20 sack season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Hopefully JJ will soon be chasing his little brother.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Read those notes to bud tj.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    lol JJ just tore a quad reading this post.

And with smallest faint of wind somewhere Kevin Nash tore his as well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Well I'm glad he realized there is always more you can do to improve your game. Not that he stopped trying because he seems to have the desire and work ethic. I guess I'm saying I'm glad he found another way to improve that he may not have thought about previously.

Which brings up another point....was JJ directed by his coach to take all these notes or was that self driven. I would guess it being the latter seeing how JJ would go on those offseason Rocky in Siberia training sessions but I don't know for sure. But the stacks of notebooks seems like something one would do on their own with film study etc.

Either way, it seems Porter did not give these suggestions to the OLB room since TJ wasn't doing this already and I fear Butler won't have that attention to detail since he is pulling double duty. We're not in the meeting rooms so who knows. So far the OLBs seem the least of our concerns. I'm definitely liking the position group as a whole if Ola continues on his rise.