1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Page Birthday List

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Aug 30, 2019.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    There's a listing every day of who's birthday it is of our Member population (for those who volunteered such info - can't remember if it was mandatory or not) but I find it remarkable that of the half dozen or so birthdays every single day, I think I've recognized maybe 3 screen names since I first started checking 6 months ago. Question is - where did all these people come from and more importantly, where in the world did they disappear to? Area 51? Devils Triangle? Nanty Glo PA? It's a very cool feature to have TTF, but this sort of reminds me of seeing the lists of all the people who've "won" the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. :hmm:

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    When Vick was signed half the fanbase disappeared like Thanos snapped.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sort of like......................... upload_2019-8-30_19-0-51.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    The whole "Kneeling Day" thing didn't help our population either...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree Ray that we may have lost some high profile names over politics, patriotism, shaming - but most of these birthday name folks are virtually unrecognizable. Look at today's - ever heard of them? Me neither. Not complaining, just a strange observation. Probably mainly lurkers, posers and trolls. :hmm:

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I've heard of most of them. It's probably because I see all the names that come in. I can take it down if it really bothers you. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Didn't know there was such a thing. Where is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Right hand margin on "Forums" page. Near bottom just below 'Members Now Online. I've found 3 names I know in last 4 months+ and wished them a Happy day when I found their most recent posts.

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You know I kinda have to be impressed with so of those members conviction. Like BFT he said it was a deal breaker for him and he meant it. I was sorry to see them go but you don't find that sort of conviction to beliefs these days.

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Agree with BFT but my initial question was does anyone recognize any of these Birthday names? 99.9% of them don't appear to be regulars and I joined the day before you did back in Oct. 2011. At this point I hereby declare this (my) thread trivial, pointless and doomed. ;)

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I never noticed it until you brought it up!

12. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I was wished a happy birthday in the whiskey thread and wondered how it was known!

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Nah. Most likely was carved in a bar top somewhere. :lolol:

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    So that is what happened to BFT? I didn't know where he vanished to, but I was hesitant to ask figuring it wasn't really my business. I wasn't on here much right around the time he left. I also appreciate people's convictions, but rest assured, you will have to come find me and beat me dead before I stop posting on here! (Disclaimer: It is possible and highly likely my wife will take care of this long before anyone on here manages it)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    It's a shame that 99% of the featured daily Birthday people, some with very memorable avatars, choose/chose not to continue to actively participate on this awesome Steeler MB. Case in point, today features a member (Steeler Sally) who joined in September 2017, never posted and hasn't been seen since. I think we should start a milk carton "Have You Seen Me" campaign. :cool:

[​IMG]

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Concur!!!

• Like Like x 1