1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

forget free agency

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Mar 14, 2017.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    forget it. just fill 8 roster spots with the draft.lol

rd1 taco Charlton olb/de Michigan

rd2 Curtis Samuel wr ohio st

rd3 tanoh kapassagon olb/de villanova

rd3 ahkello witherspoon cb Colorado

rd4 donta foreman rb texas

rd5 john Johnson s boston college

rd6 jeremiah ledbetter de Arkansas

rd7 Justin senior ot missst

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I generally avoid the whole "free agency frenzy" chatter anyway and focus on team building based on what each team needs. Only if the teams I am focused on within the parameters of free agency, like the Browns or Bears, need said players, buyer beware.

As for your mock, interesting indeed; Tanoh Kpassagnon doubly so. Not too sure if he is going to fit in an "elephant" role but a natural five tech he can.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Do u know much about him? I have seen some footage. I know it's lesser competition but he looks great

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed he does. A natural five tech who just needs some training in the weight room with his lower body.

Balance gets thrown off a bit when attempting to disengage; easily correctible I may add. Seeing him as a third round pick though is possible. Just not sure if he lasts that long.

• Like Like x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I like rounds 3comp and 5, other than that I'd rather go elsewhere

6. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Here's my deal. At the moment we have lost exactly one starter...Timmons. In addition we should add back Bryant and hopefully a healthy Green. Coates needs to figure out who he is, games 1-4 which is a player who can help us or games 5-16 who should be cut. Williams can be a starter in this defense as long as we play more nickel and dime. This will limit his snaps, but it may be all we need him for.

Now, what do we still have issues with? Simple. Depth everywhere. O Line may be our only positions where I am comfortable with our depth. That makes the draft very interesting, but IMO it comes down to one simple question. How do we draft in order to beat the Patriots? Do we try to outscore them or play a defense which can stop them?

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Are you aware that Coates had surgery on his hand after the season to fix broken bones and tendon damage suffered in week 5? If you liked what you saw in Weeks 1-4, you may want to hold off on cutting the guy.

8. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I understand that he had broken fingers. What I'm not sure of is he capable of regaining Bens trust.

If I understand correctly though he never had the surgery on his hands. He had something else but not his hands. As I heard the original report was wrong.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yep groinal area. :smiley1::cool: