1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

For years we've let 'them' dominate this site with 'Doom and Gloom'.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dreamman0, Nov 22, 2020.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Who "THEM"?

Who dey?

Can I get a remix tune?

2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Question to the OP as to what makes you a hater?

Are you a hater if:
    - you thought that even at 11-0, this team didn't pass the eye test for a great team
    - you wonder if the D can live on turnovers and sacks game in and out
    - you want to fire Tomiln, Fichner, Butler every season
    - you think maybe, just maybe, the refs didn't cost them every game
    - you conclude that this O can't/won't run and can't/won't throw deep, and that this a bad combination
    - you don't believe that Goddell and the NFL are out to screw the Stillers at every turn

Sorry, but I wouldn't spent 10 minutes here, if all there was were Towel Wavin, B&G glasses wearin, Here-we-Go-Stillers fan boy drones. Thankfully, that's not the case.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Who Dey? We Dey!!!!!!

4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    According to the OP he feels most (or many) feel it is more, "Who duh, We duh!"

5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    It’s well, not grammar. I think you’re trying to say not grammatically correct. They’re two entirely different words but I think the satire is lost.
    upload_2020-12-18_18-49-16.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think some of us are realists and can see deficiencies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I cant remember who it was but Essex? would always be good for one offside penalty and other mental breakdowns but to your point it has been generally addressed.

The other thing was having AB do punts. Just though the risk vs reward ratio was not great but what do I know.

Im usually a fan of stability vs an assistant coaching carousel but appears that Ben dictates some of the philosophy vs the last swinger OC who I thought was aggressive and didnt seem to get BB killed like BA Arians.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I hope heinz mustard sees this post. He'll feel validated:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    How about win some playoff games...Is that to much to ask

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Mark Kaboly was joking with AV about Doomer Dave (Decastro), who AV compared to philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche. So apparently the doom is not limited to this board.

To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    A huge IF and when this team ever gets rid of the 3 stooges ( mt, Fichtner and Butler) then brings in a proper coaching staff and they begin to win championships again. The haters of haters will owe the so-called haters an apology.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Apparently the Original Poster thinks "Steeler homer glasses" wearing people, should be the only people allowed to post on here. Bah, humbug. I've been folowing the Steelers since the early 70's, and to insinuate that those of us who can unbiasedly post what they think is wrong aren't fans, is offensive to me and others! I call it like I see it! I watched Bradshaw, Swann, Blier, Harris, and lots of other Steeler players fade away talent wise. Age and time take their toll. I've watched it happen over and over through the years. Players come into the league, develop their skills, peak, then slowly fade with age. It's happening to Ben. He is pretty much done. The team needs a new QB, and SOON. We're NOT as great as you all seem to think. Our "D" is playing well, but the "O" has serious, and obvious flaws......Ben among them. <------That's not being a "doom and gloom" fan, that's being HONEST about this team. So, to the OP, I find your post ridiculous. When you've been a fan for almost 50 years, get back with me.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not a bad Pimply Dan impression. I like it Disco. :thumbs up:
    (Someone may need to re-post that memorable moment in time from 2005 on the old Steelers MB.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'll always remember that post. I was just getting the hang of message boards and it was my first one. I just remember laughing really hard for a good minute. My wife came in asking why the big laugh, showed it to her,was told I shouldn't make fun of people and she left room. Had to be a Steeler fan to appreciate it.

I think a few years back there was a thread asking members their thoughts on Pimply Dan.

I've watched about 10-12 Steeler games in Mexico over the years and I always pictured him as a Mexican who didn't know all the ins and outs of the sport but loved him some Steelers. I have met a lot of locals down there who root for the Steelers. One year the boys played in Mexico City and garnered a lot of fans.

16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think there are more Steeler fans in Florida than the Dolphins, Jags & Bucs combined.

17. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Here ya go:

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Some are dreamers. Others want results. I will leave it at that...

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Probably because there are so many Pennsylvanians there, vacated this state along time ago of it's taxes and bad weather.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I thought they left when the steel mills closed.

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    We shall see......

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011

All time classic. Much grass Steelin. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What part? I spent years working in every resort city in western MX (and some non resort towns)