1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

For everyone worried about Pitt @ Denver to open

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigplaywillygay, Apr 18, 2012.

1. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Relax, The Broncos are under more pressure than us.

Reason 1. Manning
    Reason 2. Look at their brutal schedule to open the season. Honestly I think the Broncos will be lucky if they pull .500 in that stretch.

Broncos Regular-Season Schedule (All times Eastern)
    Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 9, Pittsburgh, 8:20 PM
    Week 2: Monday, Sept. 17, at Atlanta, 8:30 PM
    Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 23, Houston, 4:15 PM
    Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 30, Oakland, 4:05 PM
    Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 7, at New England, 4:15 PM
    Week 6: Monday, Oct. 15, at San Diego, 8:30 PM
    Week 7: BYE

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, the Broncos proved they are a very good team at every position except QB. Now they have Peyton Manning. I'm not scared, because A) he's out of practice and might not be exactly the same physically, and B) will be playing his first game on a new team since 1998. I think it's quite possible he'll have it all together and come out on fire, but I also think it's possible there will be a bit of a sputter.

I'm excited for the game. I'm just mad we have to wait an extra 4 hours to see it!

3. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm worried simply because of what happened last year. I thought we were going to come out and trounce the Ravens... I was ready to give up on life itself by halftime of that game.

That being said I have high hopes for this season and am excited to see the results from our off season changes.

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    If we gotta play Manning in Denver I'd rather it be week 1, than week 10 when he's back into a rhythm.

He's coming into this game having not played for a year and a half and while he'll have camp, he doesn't have the chemistry with these new WR's that he did in Indy.

5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I still believe we made that team look better than they really were. Unfortunately, we have a habit of doing that once in a while.

6. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm not scared of Denver, and I think a HEALTHY Steeler team beats them with or without Manning.

One thing I will say that adds to the degree of difficulty of this game is that Manning is the kind of quarterback that makes the players around him better. That said, I don't think it even matters that he has new WRs and lacks chemistry with them. His abilities will make them better receivers. I just think our defense - healthy and hungry at the beginning of the year - will outplay him. We've beaten him before in Indy - we'll beat him in Denver - even without Ryan Clark.

7. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I wouldnt want to be Manning in this game. A Harrison, TImmons, and healthy Woodley and then Worilds and Sly trying to prove they are ready to step up. The embarrassment the Steelers got after the loss.....for MONTHS. I think its going to be another open day Raven/Steeler slaughter with the Steelers doing the butchering this time. At least I hope so, I dont want to hear bout this game for 6 months like I did the Ravens game.

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011

I agree, I'd rather this game be in week one than later in the season when Manning has a chance to get back into the swing of things a little more.

9. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    None of those guys will even sniff Manning. He has the least # of sacks of any QB that has played as many games of all times. He's too smart to get sacked. He will throw under 2 secs and beat us (like tebow did), or throw it away. Harrison for sure gets fined this game and susepended another 4 cuz Goodell needs Peyton to be healthy for Denver to matter.

10. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You know who else tried to throw the ball out quickly? New England last year. Even if we don't sack him it isn't like we haven't beaten him before. Ya know, when he wasn't coming off a major neck injury and starting with a new team

11. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!: 100%

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is a bad opener for us, we are walking into a hornets nest.
    just like last year at the Ravens, we all know how that turned out don't we?

13. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree. The Steelers not only have the bad taste of the playoff loss still in their mouths, but the stinker they laid last year on opening day as well. The preparation and focus should be unreal - and I really don't think Denver will be able to compete with a Steeler team that is disciplined, prepared, focused AND healthy! Look at Denver's situation - they're at home against a team they burned the last time they met with the hype of a new, superstar quarterback to lead them to the promised land. That team will be RIPE for a letdown, and the Steelers will be the team to do the letting down!

:herewego: :herewego: :herewego: :herewego: :herewego: :herewego: :herewego: :herewego: :herewego: