1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Flacco Whining......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CaBurghfan, Dec 16, 2011.

1. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What a tool..... :lolol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -coverage/

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    lol what a effin loser...glad hes not my QB

3. CaBurghfan

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. Granted, he's beat us twice this year, including that last second drive, but I still won't give him props! :roll:

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What and a-hole. Never really liked Flacco and not just because he is the Rats QB, just something about him and now I like him less. Jealous much Flacco??? Don't worry, you'll get to see your Rats on TV after you have another playoff meltdown.

5. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I totally agree with Flacco...
    ...about ESPN, anyway
    ESPN is a propoganda machine and the furthest thing from a sports news channel one can have.
    It's too bad seeing youths, and even some adults, actually believing everything they say on that station.
    But, hey, it's The Mothership.

6. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Odd that a player whines about the lack of love coming from the media.

That said, he has a point about something...

ESPN has a serious Tim Tebow obsession. I have stopped watching "First Take" in the mornings because of it. That show is Tim Tebow everything, and I believe they actually broadcast from a Denver bar this morning. Skip Bayless turned that show into the "Tim Tebow Hour." How anyone can stomach it is beyond me.

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That's because Bert's already been done. Plus, most NFL "experts" don't believe Baltimore will win when it counts. Rats suck

8. CaBurghfan

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, duh! There is a reason that Tebow has one of the hottest selling jerseys....cause the fans love him, and want to hear about him. ESPN is a business, and will give the fans what they want to make their sponsors happy. I recall Harrison getting lots of play last Friday. They go with what's hot, don't fault them for that.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I find the fights between Skip and Steven A. Smith entertaining. I'm loving the Tebow saga, I love seeing all the so called experts wearing egg on their face each week after Tebow wins yet another game. That said, I like Steven A. Smith.

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, I don't mind a little whining if it's justified. But this is not justified. Yeah, the Tebow coverage is amazing, but that's because the story is amazing. The guy is doing something thought to be impossible (college offense in the NFL), and more or less not playing well, and yet seems to be the catalyst for his team's unbelievable 7-1 roll.

But what the hell is Flacco talking about? When they beat us 35-7, our two teams were the #1 story that night and all week long. When they beat us the second time, that was also a big deal, although it naturally received less coverage that night as a night game. Sure, he's not getting as much coverage as Tebow, but neither are the 13-0 Packers, which is a way bigger story than Flacco overcoming one personal obstacle. Maybe if they hadn't lost to Tennessee, Seattle, and Jacksonville people would take them more seriously.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Just goes to show you their mentality beating us is like their super bowl.I really hope we get another crack at those losers.

12. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wonder how much whining this douche-bag will do when he loses in the playoffs again? :roll:

13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  14. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Bert is always taking a backseat to Ernie....

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  16. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Sounds like some Steelers fans.

17. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I loved it TTF! THANKS!

18. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I have every reason to believe that we could win a playoff game in Baltimore, but I feel like there would be something nice about them sweeping us in the regular season, yet they get eliminated before they can play us for the AFC Championship while we win the Super Bowl. It would be a "You won your Super Bowl, and we won ours" situation.

19. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Ravens get coverage but it is always of Lewis trying to fire up people with that wooo wooo woo crap or dancing through smoke.

It was funny several years ago when James Harrison was huddled up with the AFC and Lewis is woo wooing. James is looking around like WTF?

20. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    agreed.

currently it looks like

DivRound would be Steelers @ Texans and Patriots @ Ravens (that's assuming the Pats beat the Jets, i'm not even going to take into consideration that we get Tebowed)

21. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    There is a segment of society that is on him. ESPN's Tebow coverage isn't about ratings; it's about what the media wants to spin for us. Like so much else, Tebow is a media creation. They're not "going with" what's hot; they are creating his image for him. The sooner this clown is out of the league, the better.

22. beastlyqb7

beastlyqb7 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Think about it. They were 1-5, had no hope. EVERYONE said Tebow wouldnt be good in the NFL. He gets his one oppurtunity and he hasn't looked back since. He brought a 1-5 team to the playoffs basically. And granted he isnt a great QB by any means, the dude inspired the entire team and he just wins. And I think he is having a rather positive impact on society. I love that he is bringing his faith into the game, much like Troy. It gives football players and celebrities in general a somewhat brighter reputation. That there are some wholesome ones. I love the story and even though the media coverage is WAY too much, you gotta love the guy. He proved everyone wrong and basically showed people that you can make dreams come true.

23. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Haha. I like how in his mind beating the Steelers is the biggest thing ever!!! We just take beating the Ravens as another W in the win column.

24. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    ^Oh, cool...are we allowed to have pictures of women as our avatars, now? Bye bye, Ike! (I'll find something eventually.)

When has Polamalu gotten on a microphone at a rally and made comments like, "If you embrace Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, you will go to Heaven; if you don't, you will go to Hell"? Do you realize how hilarious we (Jews) find that?

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Doesn't Flaco know he's just this decade's version of Trent Dilfer? If you want to be talked about like Tebow, do something worth talking about Joe!

:herewego!: :godell: