1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Flacco the next tony hawk? lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steeldefense08, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 50965.html

It's a story straight out of suburbia: A nosy neighbor sees someone riding around on a skateboard and makes a call to an authority figure in an attempt to stop such rebellious behavior. The one key difference in the following tale: The someone on the skateboard was Joe Flacco and the authority figure the neighbor called was the Baltimore Ravens.

The quarterback, who will face the New England Patriots in Sunday's AFC championship game, recounted the story on Wednesday to "NFL Total Access." Our friends at NFL.com have the transcription:

"I'd never been on a skateboard in my life, so I was literally riding it about 10 feet down my driveway just to see if I could stand on it and stay upright. One of my neighbors must have called in looking for [general manager] Ozzie Newsome and left a voicemail on his secretary's phone saying, 'Hey, man, you got to let Joe Flacco know we're trying to win the Super Bowl around here! He's at home riding a skateboard. Somebody's got to let him know what the deal is.'"

Little known fact: The neighbor was Ed Reed.

[Video: Key players in the AFC and NFC championship games]

Kidding, but aren't you starting to get an idea of why the future Hall of Famer called out his quarterback to the press this week? All you need to know about Flacco's decision-making abilities can be gleaned from this story and from that handlebar mustache.

Who tries skateboarding four days before the biggest game of his career? (For that matter, what 27-year-old man skateboards?) Pavarotti doesn't try sword swallowing the week before singing at The Met, you know?

Whos never seen a skateboard before????

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Who said he has never seen a skateboard?

Flacco riding a skateboard at this point in the season tells you how stupid he really is.

3. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Whoopdie Flip. He road a skateboard TEN feet, Sure he could fall and injure himself but if we all seen Polamalu do it before a big game we'd be screaming how natural it was.
    Skydiving out of the question?

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  5. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    That sounds very similar to a franchise NFL QB riding a motorcycle without a helmet. :frustrated: DUMB DUMB DUMD!!!!!

6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Actual video of Joe skate boarding in his driveway:

[youtube:23iwnuf6]ci3Lv45GdAM[/youtube:23iwnuf6]

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Love the point in the video, "Are you alright?". I'm not the brightest bulb but it was pretty apparent to me that Dude was "not alright".