1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Flacco hurt....

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by defva, Oct 27, 2017.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Qb's are supposed to slide feet first (to protect themselves) giving the defender plenty of time to pull up. Not, at the very last second when you know that youre gonna get tackled. Big hit...but not dirty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Wow,I didn't watch the game but they shutout the Dolphins 40-0?

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If that guy was on Ben, there would be a black and gold lynch mob on the way to Miami.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That hit MIGHT have been avoided. Very close. After all the late hits, cheap shots that Ravens players have delivered over the years, I think it's hilarious and hypocritical that Harbaugh was B******* on the sidelines that it was his player, this time, that got hit (late?)

• Like Like x 1
  5. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Any video of the hit? Is he actually hurt or just a violent hit?

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Also, if you saw the game and saw what happened after the play it's laughable that there was only one penalty.

Apparently if you're at home, and you feel your qb was hit late you're now allowed to try to rip the hitters head off. Good to know

• Like Like x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Terrel Suggs reaction:beee:

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If that hit was on Roethlisberger, it probably wouldn't even draw a flag.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That struck me as well. The lineman leveled Alonso right in front of the official with no call. I understand why he did it, but that's a complete failure by the officials that they didn't throw a flag.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  12. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    It was a dirty play no doubt about it and if it would have happened to Ben almost everyone here would be calling for Kiko's head. He should have been ejected from the game and, yeah, others should have been flagged after the fact as well - although IMO it's understandable why they reacted the way they did.

It was obvious that Kiko hit him late and purposely targeted Flacco's head with a huge shot. If he doesn't get a suspension for it I'll be shocked even though not much the NFL does shocks me these days.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    flacco looking like a GQ model when the helmet flew off lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I would have been livid and I have no problem with the Ravens player pancaking the guy afterwards.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ravens own Dolphins. Beat them 7 out of the last 8. Average loss is by 19.7 in that span. last 2 games inflated but still

16. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I agree completely, #66 for the ravens ripped Alonzo’s helmet off. Idiot Harbaugh entered the field and verbally confronted a player. Flacco was not on the turf when he got hit, not helmet to helmet, and gets all the yardage until his rear hits the ground. It happened right at the first down marker.

17. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think he was also quoted as saying that's my Quarterback man!!!!:rolleyes:

18. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Ok?? What was dirty? He was not on the ground when the player contacted him, not my opinion, video don’t lie. He did not hit helmet to helmet. Fuccko was trying to have it both ways, he slid late and basically sat up to make sure the ball was over the line when his rear hit. He should have lowered his shoulder and got the yards or got on the ground. QBs push this rule and slide late, they also try to draw a foul in these situations as well. There were two fouls on the play: ravens #66 for late hit and Dumbaugh entering the field and engaging with a player from another team. People look at the play in full speed and because it was violent they think it was a violation or dirty hit. Alonzo played till the end of the play and didn’t “crown” him. The NFL protects these guys if they get down, GET DOWN! Don’t try to milk the rule and take advantage of the defense having to pull up.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    At players speed Alonso didn't see it becoming a dirty play but rather an opportunity. Anytime a Qb decides to leave his haven he's open game. My condolences :popcorn:

:ratbirds:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Looks to me like Flacco needs to learn how and when to slide. Otherwise, shut up and be happy with the yards he gained. He earned them the hard way.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He knocked Flaccos helmet off so not sure how you say he wasnt hit in the head.

I also didnt say it was dirty one way or the other (probably was) just that I would be livid if it were Ben. I also dont have a problem with players defending their QB. I hate the rats but I dont make biased statements, at least I try not to.

I havent looked at it closely yet, it was a bang bang play but anyone saying they wouldnt be mad if that was Ben, probably not being very truthful.

22. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Being mad is one thing, but people saying he should be suspended or fined then excuse the late hit by the ravens are full of it. You can’t adjust the rules because someone deserved it. I didn’t say he wasn’t hit in the head, I said he was not hit helmet to helmet. The ravens were up by 20 and were all the way down to the Miami 10 and the bootleg the QB? That’s dirty stupid.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Both players will be fined and Alonso's history will determine whether he is suspended as well.

Doesnt have to be helmet to helmet, cant him him in the head with even his pinky.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    If any contact to anyone’s helmet, even a pinky in illegal, the game is done for. There is absolutely no way that can occur. He wasn’t a defenseless receiver and he wasn’t in the pocket, he was a runner. You can’t lead with the crown of the helmet. Are you saying that if a quarterback at the half yardline tries to jump over and a defender touches his helmet it’s a foul? What? A QB sneak offers protection to the QBs helmet by making contact illegal? He has to get down by sliding and didn’t. If he slid and got down the player would have went right over him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He was sliding. I liked old school football too but its been gone a long time.

Wait for it, he slid too late. Doesn't matter, he still can't be hit in the head. Fair or unfair, it's the rules.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...e-slide-dangerous-kiko-alonso-ravens-dolphins