1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Flacco concussion

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by SteelinOhio, Oct 26, 2017.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Man, I'm not a Flacco fan by any means, but I feel pretty bad for the guy. The hit from Kiko Alonso was brutal. Flacco looked like he didn't know his name after that hit. Hate to see something like that happen, even to a Ravens player.

Concussion and sliced up ear.

2. Mr F

Mr F Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Yeah, how's he supposed to throw interceptions from the sideline?

But seriously, that was quite the cheap shot. And of course,Suh, not to be outdone, grabs the back up QB by the neck. Miami may have lost 40-0, but at least they kept it classy.

3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    While i won't celebrate any player getting hurt, I remember way to fondly when Rats fans use love when Haloti nhaga use to go after Ben to injure him they thought it was cute. So to all the Rats fans!!!! Flacco got knocked the F*** out!!!:hehehe: and then he raises the I'm number one sign!!!, yeap he was in lala land!! "Some where over the rainbow"!:guitarplayer:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What was the defensive person suppose to do? The QB was going for the first down, and then at last minute goes for the slide?

Yes Kiko will be fined but how are you going to stop going 110% to stop an opposing player as big as you are from making that first down?

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree and I haven't decided or not if I think it really was a cheap shot or not, but as I said in the first post, now matter how you look at it, it was brutal.

6. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I think the rule itself is the issue. They ask the QB to slide feet first which exposes the most vulnerable part of the head gear and the weakest part of your neck muscles. It causes a situation which requires the defensive player to follow the rules and not make a mistake or someone gets hurt. They should be considered runners period, if your going to be a runner be a runner and be prepared to fullly protect yourself. QBs notoriously take it to the limit and slide as late as they can and in some cases try to draw a foul. It is their responsibility to get down and cover. Like I said, bad rule. Or just do not allow them to run at all.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    flacco be like "I'm saying the season myself!" *slides* *gets hit* *helmet flies off while waving head like a GQ model*

He knows he has a modeling gig lined up lol

8. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If you noticed he raised the number one sign "finger" as if to say I'm number one. Hey Mister sandman!!!! Send me a dream!!!:eek:

9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Likes like the video has been blocked so it won't play outside of YouTube, but you can still watch it by clicking on the link in the video player.

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    How about a new rule that if/when a QB slides - the ball is placed 5 yds behind where he begins the slide - that way there'd be no sliding for a 1st down and less incentive (hopefully) by the D to pile drive the QB at any point during his slide. Maybe a hand wag also like a fair catch to discourage any collisions and announcing the QB is giving himself up. :shrug:

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The last suggestion is pretty good.