1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitzpatrick trade

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Joshi, Nov 3, 2019.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

No doubt. :drinks:

Minkah is awesome! To me, he was already a great Defensive Back talent coming out of Alabama. Now that he can unleash his maximum at Free Safety, he has the potential to be a transcendent player.

He already had perennial Pro Bowl Potential without the switch to Free Safety. Now, he has perennial All Pro potential. Such talents are very seldom to obtain from another team.

Said statement is all the more reason I was estatic about this trade. It was not just about getting a playmaking Free Safety. It was about getting a Safety overall who has the capability to not just ascend this defense's latent abilities but also add another dimension for opposing offenses to be worried about...

... Much like the same in which the man in my avatar did.

2. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    There are 5 teams with only 1 win or less so far. 4 other teams only have 2 wins.

Miami and Cinci are locks for a QB. So is Tampa whom we would likely pick behind.

You really would rather take a flier on the 4th best QB in the upcoming draft than take Fitzpatrick?

3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Woodson and Troy gave up a few TD's along the way, but the total inspirational difference their play brought changed the dynamic of the defense. Not every player is going to be a superstar, but you do need those playmakers. Minkah, TJ, and possibly Bush are in that mold. As for QB, not sold on Mason, but honestly I think some folks are being pretty brutal on a kid who has only had a few NFL starts. They really have givien him little to work with, either by design, injury, poor O line play, poor WR play, and uninspiring play calling. I think there is a limited peak with his talent level, but I do not think that potential has been reached yet either. Hell when Ben went down we thought this year was a wash, now we are 4-4..not always pretty but in the mix anyway.

4. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    My first Steelers game and being there to witness it live was worth the whole trip.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Best trade since we traded for Bettis.

• Agree Agree x 1