1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

First time to Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Inky29, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Inky29

Inky29 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hello everyone, after 42 years on this earth with 38 of them a Steelers fan I'm finally getting to come to my first home game. Coming up for the Minnesota game but I'm curious, I'm getting up there on a Thursday so I'll have a few nights to kill. Can someone please tell me some places to go? Obviously I would assume I need to go to primantis but where are some other places to go?

Thanks

2. SteelGirl85

SteelGirl85 New Member

Jul 30, 2017
    You HAVE to ride one of the inclines up to Mt. Washington. The best place to visit for awesome food and Steelers gear is in the Strip District (must do for newbies!) But seriously, those are my favorite things to do every time we go. The first trip, we did the ducky tours on the river (get on at Station square), that tour taught us a ton on our first trip and was really fun. Check out the Point State park, walk downtown.. lots to do!!

3. Inky29

Inky29 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Thanks I'll definitely take a look at the strip district. I've got all day Friday to kill. What's a good local Italian restaurant? I do travel quite a bit and it always makes me laugh when I ask that last question to a local and they tell me "Olive Garden." Ha!