1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

First time at training camp today - really great time

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelinOhio, Jul 31, 2019.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Having been a fan since the late 70s, I've wanted to go to training camp for a long time, but never have before today.

We drove up from Ohio yesterday and stayed in Delmont, and went to training camp today. It was a really great time, and even though it was hot, we had lots of breezes and decent relief from the sun with passing clouds.

When the players first came out, me and my son saw JuJu heading to the bleachers, so we went that while while my wife and daughter stayed with our chairs. My son got JuJu's autograph, which was a highlight for him (along with getting Ben's after practice). I think he may post some pictures in a little bit.

I thought Ben looked great in practice today. Was really happy with what I saw from him.

Between Mason and Dobbs going back and forth each play, I thought Mason was playing a good bit better.

JuJu and Conner looked really good, too.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to actually go to a training camp practice, but I'm glad we finally did. Pretty pumped for the season to get going.

• Like Like x 9
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Great!. I am going today my annual ritual. I live fairly closel and
    even after all these years I get excited. I hope to see pads popping.

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    On the way out of town today, we decided to stop by Heinz Field. Parked around the corner and we went to eat at Grill 36. My wife got the grilled wings, and they were excellent.

My son posted pictures yesterday. Here are the signatures I got (Ben, Edmunds, Moncrief, and Feller)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The deep fried cheeseburger at Grill 36 is worth the drive to get there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Tidbits from training camp 8-1-2019

One of the largest crowds I have witnessed in my journeys to St Vincent yesterday.
    Weather was perfect for football training. 84 degrees and sunny no humidity.
    Saw more of these jersey's than any Connor, JUJU,

Devin Bush & Ulysis Gilbert are vertically challenged for football players.
    But both are put together in the lower body area though. Let's hope they turn out to be very productive.

Ola is making me like him alot more. Dupree was dressed but did not participate in drills.
    Tj Watt was dressed and worked on pass rushing moves on the next field over with weighted vest on?
    Ryan Shazier was there offering encouragement to LB's. LOOKS GREAT.

Dionta Spencer is smaller than I Imagined, he better be elusive because one good hit will end this young man's career.

All Qb's looked well conditioned. Mason looked better to me than Josh Dobbs yesterday. JMO
    Ben was zipping throws yesterday with receivers. Vance Mcdonald if he stays healthy will have a HUGE year.
    JU JU looked fantastic as did Donta Moncrief. These guys are physical specimens.

All our RB's looked good and love their size. Connor seems like he may have lost some weight?
    Benny took a heck uva a hit from Jordan Dangerfield yesterday bounced right up. He is put together.

DB's worked pretty good Terrel Edmunds looked ready to play. He could be a difference maker.
    Joe Hayden and Mike Hilton looked to be in outstanding shape.

All in all a pretty good practice I wanted to see more of Mark Barron but for some reason
    I didn't focus on him, maybe he was given day off?

Estimated crowd over 10,000.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll have to get that next time.

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Glad to hear that about TJ. If he was there Wednesday, we didn't see him. We looked for him all day. I figured he wouldn't be practicing, at least not with the team, but we didn't see him at all if he was there.

My son and I noted the same thing about Spencer. I liked some of what I saw from him, but we were surprised by how small he is.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks for the write up, some interesting observations there.

10. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Glad you enjoyed it! Hope the tips helped.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Thanks for the post Wardismvp, glad to hear some good reviews of T. Edmunds. Would love to see him become the difference maker in the secondary, he has the skills I believe.

13. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Your welcome, i should have been on the ball better, but my girlfriend kept asking me questions
    and was trying to explain alot LOL. Should be a good practice tonight at Latrobe HS. I hope the rain holds
    off for all the people from out of town that go tonight. I live locally about an hour way so I am just out
    for a couple hours of travel some people make this journey as their vacation. I saw many out of state plates yesterday.