1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

First Post Since Getting Banned in "04

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Oct 19, 2011.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Got banned for using a players name as my user name after about 6 months - Buddy Dial (split end from back in the early 60's). This must be what it's like to walk out of prison after a long lonely spell.

Will be at University of Phoenix Stadium on Sunday with my younger Bro to root the Men in Black and Gold on. Got seats on the visitor's side in Section 133, Row 38. Looks to be on the 10-20 yard line in the main sideline section. Haven't seen them in person since the infamous game at the Stick in SF back when Kordell and Jeff Garcia were just starting out. Steelers won and only Pgh fans left at end of a rainy cold windy day. Anyone know of any good tailgates in the making on Sunday?

Good to be back in the saddle.

2. Steeltrouble

Steeltrouble Active Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Mojave,

I am assuming your name means you are from the Ca. dessert somewhere. I used to live in Palmdale/Lancaster area and was curious what part of the Mojave you are from?
    BTW, Hope you enjoy the game in AZ. I was going to go but something came up last minute. Cheer for all of us who will be there in heart and spirit!! I will be sittin behind the big screen screamin and cheerin!

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol:
    Welcome aboard and make some noise for us all on Sunday. :thumbsup:

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011

Yes indeed - over where the pines meet the Joshuas in Phelan - at the Phelan Groovy Ranch - while we only raise domestic cats at the ranch - we chose this name rather than the Phelan Cat House.

Promise to leave my voice in Phoenix and bring back only great memories of the biggest blowout in recent history since the winds are calm inside that crib and we have a healthy set of receivers and an awesome running game again. We are overdue for 60 minutes of domination in spite of the critics who seem to think that the bye week will aid the Cards when recent stats seem to disagree.

What an awesome user friendly MB. This is like Christmas morning! Thanks Mr Admin!

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011

The Steeler Front Office needs to honor you at halftime at the upcoming game with the Pats. You Sir, have single-handedly saved the planet from Global Boring!

6. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome Back to the Circus Mojave.. Tear it up on Sunday.

7. Steeltrouble

Steeltrouble Active Member

Oct 19, 2011

I know right where Phelan is, I would go through there a couple times a week to my sales territory in the Inland Empire a few years back. Living in Laguna Hills now, what a difference from the A.V. desert. I feel like I'm in a whole new country!

Definately with you on the MB, big props to TerribleTowel you're awesome!!

8. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    How does that get you banned??? Anyways, doesn't matter now!

I'll be at the game as well.

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    "How does that get you banned??? Anyways, doesn't matter now!

I'll be at the game as well."

Yeah it was a surprise to me as well. My User name was something like BuddyDial'62 and after being active for about 6 months the Mod sent me an email and said I had violated the MB Code of Standards and could not use a players name as my User Name. Old Buddy hadn't played for 35 years and they were still sticklers. They said I could reapply after so much time but it never worked and I've been a lurker ever since - only a few hundred posts but probably 30 billion views for what that's worth.

I have a feeling there will be more black and gold than red at the game - that should combat some of our loud stadium issues. Have a blast.

10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Speaking of being banned. We all got banned because we didn't post that those tur*s wanted us to post. Sure glad the towel made this home for us. We can be a little crazy here I think :wizard: :drinks:

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I got banned on the O-Boards on 2 other user names before I became Ray D for saying WTF.

No. Seriously. I used those 3 letters. And I got banned. :roflmao:

After that, I decided to be a good boy. Well, mostly. :aikido:

Welcome... back? Home? whatever. Nice to meet ya! :hello:

12. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Welcome back, from a fellow southern California guy! I am a little further south, down in San Diego county.

Funny how far we, as Steeler fans, are spread out....... ;)

13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I was at that game! If was my first NFL game ever. I remember seeing whether affect the game in a way I'd never seen before. It was something you could only see in person. Kordell threw a bomb to Troy Edwards, who was wide open, and it looked like a good throw and a sure touchdown. Then the ball, when it reached its peak, started plummeting to the ground. All of a sudden it was underthrown by 10 yards and not even the DB could come back for it. It was the strangest thing watching the ball change directions. It wasn't gradual at all. It literally looked like it hit the ceiling -- an invisible plate of plexiglass. It was seriously windy.

I also remember Kris Brown missed his first career field goal that day, and it wasn't even a long one. Will Blackwell caught a TD that was called back for an illegal shift. Which led to the missed field goal, I believe. And Ricky Huntley had a really long run, like 75 yards, that was not a TD. I think I remember Scott Shields getting an interception, too. But what I remember most is the fans. There were as many Steeler fans as Niner fans tailgating, and by the 4th quarter it was ALL Steeler fans. The whole stadium chanting, "Here we go, Steelers, Here we go!" It was awesome.

Welcome! Glad to have a great new poster!

14. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    i got banned on the steelers' web site message board for making a sarcastic comment during the interviews for a new coach before tomlin was hired. the issue of race came up and i said something stupid like, "i don't care what race they are . . . except chinese. no chinese." it was a smart-ass comment and got me dumped. trying to re-register, well . . . i think it'd be easier to break into fort knox.