1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Mike Mitchell Immediately!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Thigpen82, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I know Mitchell doesn't have too many fans around here, but it seems like every big play an offense gets over on us, Mitchell is somewhere missing a tackle, blowing a coverage, or doing something sub-par. It's now got to the point where if we give up a big play or a TD, I automatically zoom in on where Mitchell is in order to throw the blame at him. And usually, he's not too far away.

But is this just my jaded perception of things? So here's a question for those of you who break down the tape and whatnot: is Mitchell really that bad?

Or is poor play in other positions not helping him?

Would we be better off with Will Allen or Robert Golden stepping in?

Or are they much of a muchness?

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mitchell is probably the best DB the Team has....As a FS you can't help 5 different Team Mates at the same time our CB'S are so bad it makes him look horrid ....Troy's time has past and has never been great in helping to stop the pass ...So no help from the other Safety spot ...

We need at least 3 players on the back end of our Defense most of our DB'S should not be playing in the NFL ....

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    As everyone should know, I'm not thrilled with Mitchell, been a big disappointment. It's his first year here, learning DL's system, so hopefully he'll pick it up but one of the things I feared about him was he benefited from a great pass rush in Carolina.

Oh, and by the way, Mettenberger showed how tough he is, nearly beat us, had something like a 102 passer rating. Anyone else you'd like to publicly challenge, Mitch???

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope he at least had to pay for that ticket last night. he watched that game. I was so disappointed in his effort on that td to the te late. he watched him catch the ball and then shoved him.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was wearing Mitchell out last night. He's a waste of money. He was whiffing on tackles and everything. The arm tackling has GOT to stop.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That's what I told my buddy. I said "he's just STANDING there!" Then it looked like he stared the guy down after he just got scored on!

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Mitchell sucks, waving his finger, he ain't done crap all year. Rather see Robert Golden play than that guy.

8. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Mitchell hasn't shown much of anything positive so far this season. I'm not a big fan of his, that's for sure.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I thought for sure Mitchell was going to do a touchdown dance when the Titans scored in the 3rd quarter.

10. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Last night it was painfully obvious what we need to focus on this off-season. The ENTIRE defensive backfield. I don't care if you draft CB's, trade draft picks for a proven corner etc. but we need to get better. You can't survive with the guys we have back there currently. Yes injuries have not helped but we are drastically thin and it showed last night. It does not help that our future #1 CB has lost all confidence...

11. mike1971

mike1971 Active Member

Jan 2, 2012
    on that td by titan tight end he had ball in his hands and arm before Mitchell could do anything about it tight end had ball close to his chest too before mitchell hit him

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

13. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    The thing that pizzes me off about Mitchell is just like Clark he is always looking for the hit as opposed to understanding that sometime you need to adjust and HELP the cornerback make a play on the ball. Supposedly he was a good safety in Carolina because he was a good coverage safety. They need a guy to play solid coverage not to worry about lighting people up. This was Clark's problem...oh btw living around Washington I have seen Clark this year and believe me, we don't miss him. He blew over the top coverage last week and Evans took one to the house. He has been pretty bad in coverage all year long.

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I was all for the Mitchell signing, good in coverage. But then he morphed into Ryan Clark. Chris Hope was the same. Maybe it's just the way LeBeau views the position. To me the free safety is for coverage and help in coverage first. This secondary needs a complete overhaul. With two signed players long term, one playing horrible and the other can't get the pacifier out of his mouth and get on the field, this spells trouble. I am still in favor of letting LeBeau ride off into the sunset, to get on with his life's work and get a set of fresh ideas and a different mindset.

15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I may be wrong, but was that Will Allen that bit up on the Nate Washington long TD? Haven't seen the replay, but I was pretty sure.... my drunk eyes saw both safeties jump up on the Washington TD and will allen should stayed back?

16. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It was Gay who got owned on the Nate TD,, ( what else is new) I wouldn't give up on Mike yet ,he's the only guy staying healthy out there, he's playing with different guys every week, nobody knows what the other guy is going to do it's a mess back there.

17. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It was both Allen and Gay. 3 wides on that side, one of them if not both should have been deep but both came up to cover short routes. SMH.

18. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I know Gay got burnt on the washington TD, but I think Allen was supposed to be there to protect over the top.... but he bit on the play action or jumped up for a short WR?

19. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    they both suck, so you're right either way lol

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Very good point. It would be more acceptable if the hits weren't missing so much...

21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The safeties were playing up either way... That's on D.L. Reminded me of the tebow debacle. We know are corners aren't the best, we should never keep our guys up especially in that situation.