1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Keith Butler

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by niterider, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Old coach T will have a fall guy. Joey Porter first. good ole boy Butler second fall guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I’m surprised that this guy can’t get his players motivated

3. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Cam Heyward, Stephon Tuitt?

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Both overrated. I said it lol

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :rolleyes:

Average DEs that are too slow and very seldom provide pressure up the middle against the better teams. Yeah, they are good vs. Browns, Bengals and bottom feeders... but good teams with good O-lines like Pats, Chiefs and Jags contain them with ease.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    booya. elite players/defenses find a way

7. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    I wish Steelers could have gotten Jim Schwartz

8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Jarvis jones = lol
    dud = bust
    golson= who
    burns = bust
    davis = sucks
    Edmunds= probably future bust just by how he looks and no development with these coaches

Not mentioning offense picks because we are doing well there but who the heck is picking the defense. shaz/watt only good ones since 2013.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Better question is ,who's coaching the defense? I find it hard to believe that we are only proficient at drafting the offensive side of the ball. So our scouts can only identity good players on offense or should we think maybe that no matter who we select on D they are gonna be bad and regress because of who is coaching them....I'm definitely going with the latter....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The one thing I keep saying is that's it's impossible for all these defensive players to play this bad. It has to fall on who is coaching them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Pete Carrol fired both of his coordinators this year, thats how you fix your problems when you want to change the direction of your team.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ahhhh, LeBeau reminants still hanging on.
    Thought so.
    Blow it up.
    Gotta wait until after the season I guess.

14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I had mentioned this in another thread, there is no way Watt should be covering Watkins deep with no help over the top. Totally insane defense and after review we were lucky it wasn't worse. This type of defense is not only on the DC fault but also the HC for letting this go for years now. We were saying the same thing when Harrison was playing.

Something happened over the last couple of years with the Steelers defense where it is normal for Outside linebackers to cover receivers. I could see it if it's in the flat but long deep patterns down the middle with no help is just plan crazy and stupid.

Coaches should always look to put their players in positions to win matchups, and not expose them to be over matched.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Before I found the article I linked above I was about to make a comment about if anybody noticed how our super sneaky CB blitz was getting eaten up like a sack of murder burgers left on Andy Reid's desk.
    This article is just confirmation that Butler has to go with Tomlin right on his tail. If our HC isn't smart enough to see the problem or do anything about it,why do we need him? He has to put his foot down and fire Butler and bring someone in with enough experience and give them autonomy to design and implement a D to fit what we have on our roster. These guys ARE NOT being put in a position to succeed. They're not even being given a chance.

Do you guys remember what Dupree said about the last game against Cleveland last year about how players were just freelancing trying to get a meaningless sack record....who allows their players to do that even in a meaningless game? Don't you think that time could of been better spent working on somethings before the playoffs? No? Yeah look how that turned out....theres a really long list of stupid things associated with this team....smdh.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Why do we have to wait.....let the coach with the D background step up. Mitchell and Munchak are there basically as Assistant HCs. Tomlin should have plenty of time .....in between policing the locker room.

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    "I know,I know you're our best pass rusher and run stopper of all our OLBs James but you can't get on the field because you can't cover WRs 50 yards down the field.....obviously!"

18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Did you here the latest what Dupree said after the Chiefs game. He said that they under estimated Patrick Mahomes "intelligence" they thought they could trick him into making bad plays. His intelligence was better than we thought. He took his time, spread us out, looked for the weakness before he snapped the ball......really Bud

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    is colbert innocent in all this? he runs this team supposedly.:shrug::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
  21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Makes me wonder if it’s easier to play (some) offensive positions than (some/most?) defensive positions. Maybe it’s just easier to hit on draft picks at RB or WR than linebacker...?

22. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I beg to differ. He is a talent evaluator that works with Tomlin . He doesn't coach or discipline players. He manages salary cap
    and scouting department.

23. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not going to give Butler a pass but I will say this. First it was Lebeau who "lost it" now it is fire Butler. IMO this is about Tomlin trying to put his touch on the defense and not having the right players for the system the coaches are trying to run. Let's not forget how Tomlin stepped in last year to make the defensive calls.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...-took-over-defensive-playcalling-last-season/

This whole hybrid stuff has to stop, we need less zone and we need to find/play a guy in the middle of the line who can get push like big snack did. I really believe he have good ball players but they have no clue what they are doing....jmo

24. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    At this point, we should fire everyone.

And then the new people, fire them too :this!:

We won't get **** done but it'll feel really good.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  26. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers fans put them too high on a pedestal but they get nullified by the good lines quite often. I’ll blame butler lol