1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

FIRE BRUCE ARIANS TOMORROW MORNING!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Dec 19, 2011.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I really think you guys are over analyzing this to death. Although your number crunching skills are very impressive. Why is it so hard for people to just look at the bottom line.We have above the line talent on offense and we are performing at or below the line. It's been this way for years and I don't expect it to change anytime soon. How long are we going to keep :banghead: thinking things are going to change without making a change.The man gets paid very well to do a job that he is not DOING very well. Why do we need to put up with our mediocrity on offense? Do we owe the guy a job for life for some reason? Seriously,we really couldn't be much worse on offense with the talent we have, but we can certainly be much better. Sometimes you just need to change for the sake of change.It's like shopping for a new pair of boots or sneaks you keep on trying on pairs till you find some that fit just right.MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all of THE STEELER NATION.

2. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I really think you guys are over analyzing this to death. Although your number crunching skills are very impressive. Why is it so hard for people to just look at the bottom line.We have above the line talent on offense and we are performing at or below the line. It's been this way for years and I don't expect it to change anytime soon. How long are we going to keep :banghead: thinking things are going to change without making a change.The man gets paid very well to do a job that he is not DOING very well. Why do we need to put up with our mediocrity on offense? Do we owe the guy a job for life for some reason? Seriously,we really couldn't be much worse on offense with the talent we have, but we can certainly be much better. Sometimes you just need to change for the sake of change.It's like shopping for a new pair of boots or sneaks you keep on trying on pairs till you find some that fit just right.MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all of THE STEELER NATION.[/quote:4g2nesnk]

Only in the skill / ball handling positions and not in the trenches where the majority of football games are won and lost and to use your quote it's been that way for years. I could care less if BA stays or goes because until we have better talent on the line a new OC is only going to bring more mediocrity. As for needing change just for the sake of change that's what our country thought in the last election and we see how that's been working out.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Only in the skill / ball handling positions and not in the trenches where the majority of football games are won and lost and to use your quote it's been that way for years. I could care less if BA stays or goes because until we have better talent on the line a new OC is only going to bring more mediocrity. As for needing change just for the sake of change that's what our country thought in the last election and we see how that's been working out.

There are ways to gameplan and come up with a stategy to minimize the weakness of the OL. We have actually done it in a few games this year. How is it that we can move the ball so effectively from the 20 to the 20? What is it the OL can only block between the 20s? I don't think so. The reason why we struggle in the red-zone is because the defense has less ground to cover and BAs bombs away approach brings the offense to a screeching halt.This is where we need to have a better strategy. Look I'm not at practice but from what I see on Sundays is a offense that is hardly ever in sync.I have played the game for years and I was always taught ,you play how you practice and to me they seem like they don't consistently practice being consistent.They seem to spend more time focusing on Bens' improv. skills rather than actually executing designed plays,this is what it looks like to me anyway. I think BAs strength may be designing pass routes and patterns but actually implementing a solid gameplan from soup to nuts is definitely not his strong suit. His inability to use formations and proper personnel, especially in the red-zone to gain an advantage over the defense is the biggest reason why we are middle of the pack.

4. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    People keep bringing this up ie the Pats game and it's a horrible comparison. The Pats D is horrible versus the 49ers D. The Pats couldn't cover the short pass and not only could the 49ers cover it they were expecting it knowing Ben couldn't sit in the pocket due to injury. Guess what the 49ers offensive also moved the ball at will between the 20s all night long on our vaunted D so where are all the posts about not being able to game plan on the D, fire DL, etc. ? Some of you folks think we should see the same results (40 points a game) regardless of how talented the opposing D is. With the Pack's high powered offense how many points did they put up against KC ?? At some point reality needs to creep in to the discussion. Could we do better than Bruce ? Of course we could but you could say the same about every position on the team and there are just so many more variables at play on the offense versus just BA. As bad as some think BA is we could still be winning in spite of him if we'd just stop turning the damn ball over. My only point is simply replacing BA will not be the magic bullet everyone thinks it will be.