1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

FIRE BRUCE ARIANS TOMORROW MORNING!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Dec 19, 2011.

1. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I said they "struggle" to get anything more than 13, and that's the truth. Since the bye week, the Steelers have seven offensive TDs in four games--four of those came in one game. You OK with that?

2. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I am not a Arians fan by a long shot but It will be hard to fire him with his current resume. The best we can hope for is that he gets a head coaching job somewhere.

3. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    What I don't like about Arians is his plays. I still think we need a fullback. Or at least a TE that is a blocker and a threat in the passing game. Bruce Arians does not have timing routes for his receivers. Our oline can not protect very long, you need routes that are quick and precise. We can't run a screen because our oline is not athletic enough. The prettiest play called all year was i think against the bengals on a 25 yard out route to Brown where he toe-tap his foot on the sideline. We need more timing routes, quick passes and a fullback.

4. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    :applaud: Yes, but, all of the world's plights, wars and natural disasters are BA's fault according to some here. There is no room for logic or common sense here, lets burn Arians at the stakes immediately. :beathorse:

5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's all the skilled positions. Where are all of those potential HOF offensive lineman since anyone with a half a brain knows that a football game is won or lost in the trenches. Our offensive line play has been piss poor for about as long as you and others have been calling Bruce piss poor. Ya think there's a connection there ?

6. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011

Yea! maybe the Stains? :lolol:

7. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    We played with a broken QB, a broken line, 4 turnovers, a defense that can't stop anything and yet, FIRE BA.. LOL

I am, by no means, a supporter of that jackass. BUT, we moved the ball all over that DEFENSE. Take away the stupid penalties and 4 turnovers and we dominate that entire game. Sickening.

Ben should not have stepped on that field. I blame Tomlin.

8. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Look, Arians isn't the greatest OC but he's not the worst like some portray him to be. The bottom line is that if he was really that horrible he wouldn't have been hired as WR coach in 04 and then promoted as OC in 07. So, he's been OC for 5 seasons now. It doesn't matter what we think about him, the Rooneys and the Steelers opinion of him is the only one that matters. If he was really that bad the Rooneys would have been rid of him a long time ago. I think most on here just love to have a scapegoat anytime the Steelers have problems and love to repeat useless garble that they hear from others. Maybe I will start blaming Arians for my athletes foot too and my flat tire I got last week.

It doesn't matter who the HC, OC or QB is, there is always someone that is going to be unhappy. It doesn't matter if Moore, Walton, Erhardt, Gailey, Sherman, Mularkey, Whisenhunt or Arians is the OC, or Bradshaw, Malone, Brister, ODonnell, Stewart, Maddox or Roethlisberger is the QB or Noll, Cowher or Tomlin is the HC. The bottom line is that no matter how good this team ever is, its never good enough for some people. Its been this way since the 70's, lol, it will never change. Some of you just love to always have something to ***** and moan about.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :thumbsup:

I pretty much agree with what you're saying here. The problem is that BA has done enough to cement an idea of what he "does" (the endlessly developing pass routes, the spread offense on short yardage etc.), so when he doesn't do that, people out to bash him just don't notice. Or criticise him for running the ball (like against the Browns).

So he's not a compltely innocent party in this, but he's not completely guilty.

That said - bitching and moaning is fun. It gives us something to argue about.

10. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm a firm believer that Rooney's will know when to replace a coach or two or three. It is a buisness and they're in it to make money. I'm sure if they feel any of the coaches aren't living up to their expectations they'll be gone. Not because some fans want it! That said I wish our team would show up for 60 friggin minutes on game day!!! :banghead:

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    There's a lot to this. Our performance reminded me of how we played early on in the season. Something obviously lit a fire under their asses back then, up until Monday night - so let's hope they remember what it was.

12. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    There is. However, the Packers have had o-line struggles, too, the past 2-3 seasons. It hasn't hurt their ability to move the ball and score points.

13. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    They were prepared to fire Arians last offseason. Tomlin lobbied to for him to keep his job.

He's been coordinatr for five years now, with the same QB. Yet the team never looks smoothe or in synch on offense.

Arians will be gone in february. mark my words.

I'd like to see Todd Haley interviewed. Not sure how I feel about his temperment, but he's a heckuva coordinator.

14. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The Rooneys have been right on since hiring Chuck Noll in 1969. I have a lot of trust in what they do. They have given Steelers fans 40+ years of winning football. Let me put that another way - the Pittsburgh Steelers have the best winning percentage, the most playoff births, the most AFC Championship appearances, the most AFC Championships, the most Super Bowl appearances AND the most Super Bowl WINS in 40 years. 40 - that's 4 decades. That's 2 full generations. Unless you live in a pathetic sports town like Cleveland (I do.) you have no IDEA how blessed we are to have the Rooneys as our owners. Don't trust them if you don't want to, but I can't think of another owner in the league I would rather have running my football team.

15. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

lol, i knew you would be one of the first to defend BA after this debacle of a game and in effect say "everything's fine & we'll be alright". Some people are so predictable. :roflmao:
    '

16. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    until BA is throwing the INTS, fumbling the balls, missing the holes, and dropping passes....I refuse to blame him

17. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey 99, Aren't you the old "jd86" from the old board? Must be cuz I've never agreed with anything you ever posted, for the past few years anyway.

18. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Man-o man knox, you knox'd it out of the ballpark with that post! :applaud: Brought tears to my eyes! :applaud: It's like I said those exact words myself! :applaud: For this thread anyway, you are my hero! :clapping:

19. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    For god's sake we went to the SB last year and with 2 min left in the game we still had the chance to beat these Packers you speak of. Also I like Ben but if you think he has anywhere near the throwing accuracy and decision making capabilities that Ben does you're fooling yourself and that kind of QB play is the biggest thing that separates the packers from the Steelers and most other teams this year for that matter.

20. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    ***Rodgers

21. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011

Yes how silly of me! Our offensive coordinator shouldn't be blamed for our crappy offense! Much easier to fire all the players instead! Big Stinky you're a hoot!
    :lolol:

22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Arians is the reason we lost the game....His Love for the passing game is why Ben was on the field......If we had a OC who loved to run and use PA then Ben would have not been playing......

Ben did his best ,but BA failed to give him a winning plan......We could have took over the game early if we used both RB'S and worked the PA pass.....

By forcing the pass we took at least 3 FG's off the board those 9 points would have changed the flow of the game and the pounding would have took a tole on San Frans D,,,so we would have been able to run even better later in the game and the PA pass would have been wide open.....

The leading rusher in ypc on the year gets 2 totes and the QB on 1 leg drops back 50 times almost....There is no excuse as Edog said and that should be grounds for immediate dismisal.....

BA is a joke our D held on as long as they could it's up to the OC to secure points against a tough D.....Simple high percentage plays and don't take points off the board....BA has designed and called many plays in many games that take points off the board......Why would you want your QB throwing to the most dangerous area on the field over and over when he is on 1 leg???Look at the way the Chargers used motion to find the single coverage and lobbed balls to the outside....Plenty of great play calling every week in the NFL ,but sadly that is never from us....

23. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Haven't you noticed how allegedly bad aspects of a team get a new coach and then they're suddenly good? Look at Houston's defense this year. It's on BA to teach the OL how to play well.

24. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    So we lose with the Hopalong Kid FORCING zingers into triple coverage because his scrambling abilities are, lets's say, limited. SF gets a gimme TD off a stupid penalty. Steelers get aced by a great punting game. And on, and on. To me, BA was "limited" in the respect that his QB was also limited. SF knew this and capitalized. They won. Next up. Maybe he shares some blame in letting Ben stay in. Who knows? Fire him? No way.

25. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    A) that's on the o line coach, not BA

And

B) the Texans added Johnaton Joseph, a PB CB this past off season.