1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Arians IMMEDIATELY

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jan 8, 2012.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Figured I'd start the party...

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sarcasm not withstanding he doesn't need to be fired his contract is up.

3. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Why keep Lebeau? His defense just got lit up by a cartoon QB running a college offense. It might be time to clean house.

4. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    BTW, I'm being sarcastic, but I'm very disappointed in the Defense.

5. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Arians ain't the only one... The QB needs his head checked. Ike needs to learn to cover his man. The DB's need to not allow someone to get behind them, especially when the only way to win (without touching the ball) is to have them score a TD.

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    To be fair, Ike is supposed to be one of the top CB's in the league and he got beat on every god damn snap. Ike is garbage. He's way too inconsistent

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. This reminds me of the 1977 playoff game in Denver when Craig Morton beat us on one leg. Noll cleaned house after that loss. I'm guessing Tomlin won't have the cajones to do the same.

8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Massive changes are coming. They have to trim alot of money off the cap. Could see lots of turnover in coaching as well.

9. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    with all the injuries today I hope this is not the future or we will be in trouble. as for arians I just wish he would get rid of the screens other than that I think he call a pretty good game. the offense played and scored enough to win

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Here is Arians greatest flaw in this game....he foolishly called the game as if he had a healthy QB. The announcers said it themselves... "why isn't Ben in shotgun to protect him and also to run the football out of?"

To not run the ball more in this game more to help Ben out is arrogant.

11. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We will see... If Tomlin mans up and cleans house, we will truly get to see what a Tomlin team looks like.

12. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Only way Arians leaves is if he gets a head coaching job or resigns. The same with Lebeau. I

13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    except he failed to keep using what was working. They had Miller open alot more than they threw to him. Ben continued to ignore the checkdowns and scrambled more than he had too and they were telegraphing the bubble screen way to much.

14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    or they simply don't extend his contract again which is up.

15. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Refuse to renew BA's contract immediately.

Other casualties likely coming: Foote, Big Snack, A. Smith, McFadden, Farrior, Kemo, and sadly Hines Wizzle.

And who doesn't appreciate the wonderful things LeBeau has done for this organization? But it's time to put him out to pasture. The NFL is a passing league. We need someone with fresh ideas.

Our draft needs to be STRICTLY DBs and O-line. Screw all that BPA nonsense.

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Another reason we should fire Arians, how many times today were we stopped on 3rd and short yardage. NONE. How many times all season long do we see Mendenhall dance, run into somebody and stop short or loss of yardage on 3rd and short.

The problem with Arians, he is too stubborn to make a change, when we could see it all season long. Also when were we going to stop throwing to 17, we have been talking about him not going after the ball and being aggressive when it is in the air. Why can't the coaching staff see this? :shrug: :shrug:

17. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm so mad I just can't even mentally function. Bruce Arians is a joke. Ike Taylor is a joke. Ziggy is a joke. I'm still wondering if Willy Gay didn't steal Ike's jersey today. I love the Black and Gold but man I am peed.

18. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Arians just does not have decent grasp of how to consistently call a game, or taking what the defense gives u. Just way to frustrating to even comprehend.

19. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Welcome aboard the :FBAI!: fraternity BBZ! For awhile there I was worried your weren't thinking clearly. Glad to have you on our side now! :drinks:

20. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    With the talent we have on offense, we should be one of the best in the league.

The lateral pass from Ben to Wallace that we got lucky on should serve as a prime example of why Bruce should be gone tomorrow.

21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

This times x1000. With the skill players we have, this should have been one of the greatest Steelers offenses of all time, maybe even NFL. I think it all comes down to playcalling.

Anyone notice how the Broncos set the Steelers up with plays they called earlier in the game, just like a chess match. You never see that from this offense. Totally got out coached.

Arians can game plan well and script a few early drives, but he sucks calling an entire game and making adjustments.

22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011

This times x1000. With the skill players we have, this should have been one of the greatest Steelers offenses of all time, maybe even NFL. I think it all comes down to playcalling.

Anyone notice how the Broncos set the Steelers up with plays they called earlier in the game, just like a chess match. You never see that from this offense. Totally got out coached.

Arians can game plan well and script a few early drives, but he sucks calling an entire game and making adjustments.[/quote:3v84aluv]

or building on plays. If Miller was that wide open the first quarter why not build on that? They didn't come after Ben with more than teh line could handle and yet we didn't use the draw or screen to the RB to make them pay for having a soft zone underneath.

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    just goes to show you what a mediocre or sub-par QB can do when given a gameplan that plays to his strengths and to the other teams weaknesses ,they obviously gameplanned to our tendencies and took advantage of that.Something that BA has no clue about. His stubborness to change things up to exploit the defense he is playing against is why this offense is run like a sandlot offense. Buffalo gave him the blueprint a couple of weeks ago and even the announcers alluded to it .Running out of the spread with Ben in shotgun would have gave the Broncos fits,especially the way Red was running,but noooo! :FBAI!:

24. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I feel bad right now but I've felt worse after other loses before. I kind of saw this coming this week. Our team was hurting and all week when people were saying how the Steelers were going to or should kill Denver I would tell them they are crazy. I have been to dozens of games in Pittsburgh and watched hundreds of games over the last 25 years. If I know anything, it's that the Steelers almost always play to the level of competition. I was pretty confident that this game was going to be way closer then people thought. I thought they would win a close one but I was nervous all week and apparently now I know why.

As for Bruce I mean where were the screens to the RB's? Not those stupid WR screens that everyone in the stadium can see coming, but an actual wide reciever screen. Denver was playing aggresive D so draw them up and screen. How about some quick slants to get the ball out quickly...you know like the Saints, Pats, Green Bay do. We needed to put Denver away early and we just didn't do it.

While I agree with not renewing Bruces contract, I blame this entire loss on the Defense. Woodley and Harrison playing together for the first time in a long time and NO SACKS? REALLY? Tebow throwing for 316 yards? REALLY? Tebow only having TEN completions but for 316 yards which is 31.6 yards per attempt !!!! An nfl postseason record. Against the #1 Defense. Tell me I'm dreaming. I am honestly in shock with the way the defense played today. Ike Taylor looked like a rookie CB. He picked the worst time to have a terrible day...completely and utterly BURNT.

Sorry just rambling I guess..just so disappointed in the defense today. A 12-4 record and the #1 defense only to make Tebow look like Joe Montana

25. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011