1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Finney

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Mar 7, 2019.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We made a second round tender to finney. Ramon we wait to see what they offer him. He wants paid. If we do finney ages. I like both.:cool:

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    At this point, much like Ramon Foster who came before him, it is time to give Finney a shot. He was one of the best UDFA's Pittsburgh has had in the past five seasons. Some of Pittsburgh's best rushing performances have come when he plays. It is not coincidental either.

Of the nine total starts Finney has played, Pittsburgh is 8-1. Of those 9 starts, Pittsburgh averages over 110 yards per contest. To top it all off, he is a lifelong Steelers fan.

It is time to entrust the future to Finney. As much as I appreciate Ramon's service, his best days are behind him. Besides, Finney is 28. It would be best to go with him as Ramon is on the wrong side of 30.

• Like Like x 2
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Beat writers were saying the 3 million tender is more than Foster has gotten in any of his years in Pittsburgh

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not anymore. Now finney will be 30 when Ramon retires. Eli and nix and foster and harrison and feiler and grimble have been pretty good udfa as well.:cool:

5. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    We have to see how Foster's two year contract is structured.

Someone else suggested that Foster could be cut in his 2nd year, depending on how (long-term) contract negotiations go with Finney next year.

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    We will see how they all perform without Munch.

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That's a fair point, but it seems as if the Steelers are extending a good situation on the interior of the offensive line for another year before seeing what Finney will cost them long term after 2019. I don't have a problem with that approach at all. I would have been fine with them letting Foster go and installing Finney at left guard in 2019, but Foster is still the better player just as Pouncey is still the superior player at center.

• Agree Agree x 1