1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Finney

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ender, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Thought he played well today especially in the run game. If I'm not mistaken he was in for the buffalo game (and maybe the next game too) last year when Lev Bell started his late-season tear.

Is it time for Ramon Foster to sit?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I'll go online as saying he is an upgrade over Foster. Others will argue, but as it stands... He ain't shat the bed. Foster has quite a bit. I Ppreciate Foster, but he is not the end all be all, so it is!$

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He's quite the nice back-up. I still love his back-story about always being a fan. I think those guys really come ready to hold up the tradition when given the chance!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    i also thought he had a good game today. The one hold call was a cheap call. Decastro was outstanding today.

5. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Agreed. Decastro is a beast when he's on the move

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Finney just may be Ramon's heir apparent for all we know. Finney is just as capable I think.

He has done nothing but impress since coming out of Kansas State undrafted in 2015. He has gotten stronger and better since coming here.

If anything, should Ramon retire next season, Finney is likely the incumbent. Matt Feiler can take over for him given his own improvement.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I love what Finney brings to the o-line, but at the same time, foster continues to greatly improve as well despite his age.... last yr., foster was only 1 of 4 interior linemen that did not give up a single sack and was probably a pro bowl snub, not to mention our likely best lineman......
    Due to their age difference, Finney is probably more valuable, but at this stage, foster is the leader of this line....
    For now, it's one of those good problems to have, but if foster is still around when finney's rookie contract is up, then some serious decisions will need to be made

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I will always be a BJ Finney fan.

He was so excited to get a chance to be a Steeler.

Watch his youtube announcement when he got a undrafted FA shot with the Steelers back in 2015.

Almost brings tears to your eyes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Lots of upside still

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sometimes I think Finney's biggest strength is that he blocks his man and does it well. It's like he doesn't try to get into the second level and identify the next block or the one after that. He just blocks his guy. When we have people talking about the Oline performing poorly i think that it is because they are trying to do things that aren't their strengths. During the Jags game Foster was out is space trying to block and was just awkward looking. Stick with what your good at.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i like finney and he plays guard much better than center for us. i could see him soon replacing ramon. i think ramon is close to retirement anyway. we may be looking for a new center soon anyway. pouncey has hinted at retirement when ben goes. :cool:

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ramon foster is 31, I think he will put a few more years in and not be retiring.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    next year will be his 10th season. it won't be long. this is about the age it starts going the other way for a lot of guys. he's played a lot of ball. :cool: