1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Find three more wins on the schedule.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Sep 26, 2021.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I predicted 8-8-1, and I almost got my tie last night. And I predicted a 23-20 Steelers win in the Yahoo pick' em tie-breaker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And of course you will be proven wrong again, did you get your prediction from PFF :lolol:?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    No one knows what is going to happen the rest of this season (like after being 11-0 last season). Predictions are fun and amusing but anyone's guess is as good as everyone's, until its not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The teams it’s looking like they are gonna have to battle with right now assuming like you said the 2nd place finisher out West with the Chiefs and Chargers gets the 1st wildcard spot, you are gonna have to beat out at least one of the Raiders, Bengals, Browns and for now I’ll say the Broncos. Good news is you have the head to head tiebreaker over the Broncos and get to play the Browns who are banged up as hell two times. The bad news is the Steelers already lost the tiebreaker to the Raiders and lost at home to the Bengals. So they get the Bengals again on November 28th in Cincinnati which will be a huge game. I really think the Steelers can win these next 3 games at Cleveland, and at home back to back weeks against Chicago and Detroit and get to 6-3 with 8 games left. If they can do that somehow their odds of making the playoffs will increase a great deal.

So much like I came on here and said they had to win these last two games at home with Denver and Seattle. You better do the same these next 3 games against a banged up Browns team with 2 weeks to prepare, and back to back games against both the Bears and Lions at home. These are games the Steelers simply have to win if they wanna have a decent shot to make the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. This is why I dismissed the idea that having all the injuries early was somehow better. It wasn't. It was the primary reason they lost to both the Bengals and the Raiders, and those losses really screwed their chances at making the playoffs. Even if they win the next three, the Steelers are going to need to pull some upsets just to sneak in.

This is at least part of why you have experts talking about the Steelers trading away veterans before the deadline. Even with consecutive victories, much of the national media has written Pittsburgh off.

6. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I think it’s gonna take at least 10 wins to get in. So assuming they win the next 3 and win at Cleveland and against Chicago and Detroit at home and get to 6-3. They gotta go at least 4-4 in their last 8 games which is definitely doable. How they get those 4 wins and who they get them against I believe are they need to win at Cincinnati in late November, they need to win the Thursday night game against a mediocre Vikings team in Minnesota in early December, they need to beat Tennessee at home a week before Christmas, and just get one win out of three games you have left with the Browns or Ravens with the one remaining home game you have with Cleveland or one of the Baltimore games either at home in early December or the last game of the season at Baltimore. That’s the Steelers path to the playoffs at this point. Is it difficult?? Yes for sure but is it impossible where they have no chance at all to do it. No.

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe we will at least split with every team in our division so You can add those 3.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    You have correctly laid out the path - they must win the next 3 to have an outside chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is probably true, but let's not lose sight of the fact that if the regular season ended right now, they would be in the playoffs as the No. 7 seed.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    They're likely going to be favored in 3 games of the remaining 11, 2 in the next 3 weeks. Need to make hay while the sun shines.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Hope the Lions win a game before the Steelers play them on November 14th. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    If the Steelers win the next two and the media is riding their jock, while the Lions remain winless?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers will crap the bed vs. Lions if they are 0-8. Guaranteed. These are the games Tomlin teams lose. Every year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea they are for now but that will change tomorrow night as the winner of the Browns Broncos game assuming it doesn’t end in a tie will be 4-3 and jump the Steelers at least for the time being as the 7th seed by a 1/2 game. Good news is the Steelers own the head to head tiebreaker over the Broncos for down the road, and they are gonna have a chance to beat the Browns in 11 days on Halloween in Cleveland and put them in a hole as well. That Browns game now next weekend as I mentioned in another thread with all the injuries to Mayfield, Chubb, and Hunt has turned into a Could win game to should win game. Winning in Cleveland really puts the Steelers in excellent shape to be 6-3 barring a major collapse against either the Bears or Lions at home the following two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Browns are missing all those guys this week, but they could have Mayfield and Chubb back for when they play the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Tomlins still coaching. They'll figure out how to lose 2 of the next 3 to depleted and bad teams, then beat the Chargers and Ravens.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I thought he was nuts last year but proved all wrong by winning Prediction Poll. Sure would like for him to win again but we have to go 9-2 rest of the season.

• Like Like x 1
  18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I agree. I'm rooting for the Lions as much as the Steelers right now. Rams will smoke them but I will be the biggest Lion fan there is when they play the Eagles in Detroit. I'll be in a world of hurt if Eagles beat them and we lose to them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Found the third!!!

• Like Like x 5
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Funny thing is he made this thread then we went 3-1. You’d think a person would get tired of being wrong all the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Whoopsie

• Winner Winner x 4
  22. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Happy to be wrong. Go Steelers.

• Like Like x 5
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah that’s not going to be good enough.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Baby steps

• Like Like x 2
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This thread didn't age well :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1