1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally, some actual news

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Formerscribe, Mar 11, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Based on his prior production, Cincinnati over paid for Hilton

But he did step up for them

Wiuld he have had the same jump in production here, maybe, but st the time a decision was made with what was known

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ingram came later on after they cut DeCastro, they signed most of those scrubs later on :shrug:.

3. steelburgh

steelburgh Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Glad they got Maulet back in the fold. He is a real difference maker.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    as I said but they had money at that time and didn't try. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He’s a back up

He’s paid as a backup

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I believe you Thorn the video was unavailable. Just the Flores connection and he is a vet with a lot of experience.

In any event i'm sure we believe they need to address the position. They will prance Bush out and say he will be fine not even a speck of accountability for this mistake.

We can blame the trenches for the run defense but look behind the curtain and there is 2 ILBers and a SS. All 3 are average at best and were part of a porous run defense as well.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The ILBer room is in tatters, ah huh...

Both should be replaced but won't be. The Shobert contract was a desperation due to the quick retirement news of Bince. He called their bluff after being released and I feel he believed he was disrespected and said goodbye when they wanted to resign him.

That Schobert contract is an epic fail.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They didn't sign him to that contract, but they did trade for it. The reaction to that trade on this site was mostly positive, if I remember correctly. The guy was really good with the Browns, certainly better than Williams. I'm not sure what happened in the two years since then.

Williams leaving like that doesn't get enough attention. If you are right, that was a petty move on his part, one that screwed over teammates he used to claim that he loved just so he could stick it to the team that gave him a chance and paid him quite a bit of money during his career. Of course, it is also possible that he gave it a shot in camp and decided his heart was no longer in it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did Vince even make it to camp last year? My recollection which is poor on a good day is that he announced he was retiring on the eve of report day for training camp. He was then 100% supportive of Spillane being a guy that could rise to the challenge and be a starter.

I have some suspicion that there are some real conflicting philosophies in the defensive room and that it was causing a lot of issues to pop up namely the scheme they are trying to use with their inside linebackers and hybrid safeties in sub-packages. If it's one player doing something wrong that's on the player if it's multiple players of varying skill sets doing the same thing it's coaching, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It is just mind boggling why the NFL posts content on its YouTube channel then blocks people from linking to it. Anyway if you want to see the play you can click th underlined portion that says watch on YouTube. Basically it's similar to when Edmunds and Bush picked the same gap and ran into each other. Hightower and one of the safeties converge on the same hole, Taylor gives the slightest hip shake and then boom gone on the TD run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is certainly possible. Butler's comments after retiring help support that notion.

I thought Williams was in camp, then retired, but I could be wrong about that. He did commit to playing, then change his mind, which wasn't great for teammates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelburgh

steelburgh Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    And a pretty bad backup at that. Should have deployed the $$'s elsewhere, IMO.

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    But he knows the system!

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Damn major whiffs! Shake and Baked!

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They are afraid You will get hits on their content. It is really stupid. I had a guy post a song I did on His music list, and He asked about it....I was fine with it....He got more hits on that song in a week than I have in a year on My site, and it's My song....LoL...Difference is I don't care, and the NFL does. So they block it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    I give it 4 games before reality sets in, and everyone is calling for his head.

17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Anybody start a pool on when Haden is gone? Seems the moves we have made make him more expendable and it`s time to part ways anyway IMO.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re late to the party bro. Haden is not on the team.

• Like Like x 1