1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fieler starting over Dotson per PPG

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SWSteel, Jan 9, 2021.

1. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    If true, completely stupid move. Feiler has been terrible virtually the entire year

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I disagree. Dotson may be the future, but Feiler is still better right now. I wish they would play Feiler at Tackle and Dotson at Guard. But that's not going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Dotson is playing better right now, and Feiler is also returning after being out for weeks. The line is playing poorly enough without making an unnecessary change.

If they wanted to get Feiler back in there, they should have put him back at right tackle and benched Okorafor. At least that might allow for a semblance of a running game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I wish they would have made this change a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It’s the Steeler way. Defer to veterans, rookies gotta sit and learn.

6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    So... You're gonna sit your " Best " OL.. And he is the best! In what sport, at any level does this happen?!...

Me, me ..let me answer my own question...ONLY IN Captain Dumbass's Tomlins World...The Dude can't literally get out of his own way!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I really hope this is false information. Dotson has been very good and as Formerscribe said, Feiler has been out for weeks.... And I wasn’t thrilled with his play prior to the injury.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    FWIW.....

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If Dotson is healthy he will start..He been playing to good to not get the start...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SWSteel

Oct 18, 2020

Hope that Dulac is right here

11. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    He’s the elder statesmen, so hopefully he’s got better Intel.

12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I don’t know how you could justify bringing Feiler back in after Dotson has played so well. Feiler back to RT once he is healthy and sit Chuks, he was really good there last year, that’s our best line I think:

AV - Dot - MP - DD - MF

Chuks has had an ok season but he was dreadful against the Colts two weeks ago and he gave up a sack last week as well. I wouldn’t be giving up on him but I think Feiler is better at RT right now

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Seems stupid

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Has Felier even practiced as the RT? Seems to me that’s a riskier move with no practice than playing him over Dotson.

FWIW, coaches had him as the starter, he was injured. Upon return, they bring him back in. I don’t know that he wouldn’t be the first to not lose a starting job due to injury.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. SWSteel

Oct 18, 2020

Meh, most Steelers beat reporters only report what team OKs/clears IMO

Will see tomorrow I guess

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This tired narrative needs to go. That simply isn't true. It is the fantasy of some folks on this site who don't like the media.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tomlin doesn't believe in losing your starting position due to injury. Its been his M.O. since he became coach. Doesnt really matter how good Dotson is playing Tomlin wont change

18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Well Ben replaced an injured Tommy Maddox and we see how that turned out,.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe. But correct me where I’m wrong. There must be 30 reporters covering the Steelers in Pitt, between newpaper , TV, radio and sport radio. And yet these guys, never, and I mean NEVER, break a substantive story on this team, mostly parrot stories from ESPN or national media. I don’t understand why, but this is how it seems. My view, right/wrong is the local guys who cover this team are far happy, sheep, willing to give the party line or at least not rock the boat, to keep their privileged access.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I saw somewhere Spillane is going to start as well. I worry about the conditioning of these guys who haven't played for awhile.

We have had so many injuries all year. I think too many moving pieces game in game out is hurting us.

I'd rather Dotson and Avery start.

21. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Interesting Point. I subscribed to Jim Wexell for years and he seems to have gained the trust of the players and coaches.

A lot of forum guys were always hoping to get juice from the AB FB Live drama...the Joey Porter Arrest as a coach, the Ben stuff. He just wouldn't go there but for someone like myself who is out of state...Jim still was able to write very interesting pieces without trying to be the Adam Schefter kind of reporter who always looks like he would go through someone's garbage to be the first to drop a bombshell report.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You're wrong. I speak from experience of actually knowing some of those guys. You truly do not know what you are talking about on this one.

23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Well that's stupid! " Hey,You've played like **** all year, got hurt, this guy came in and played great,now you're coming back so, I'm going to play the guy who sucks because " .....You can't lose your job to injury!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He never should have been moved to guard in the first place. Dotson and now even Isidora are probably better pure guards then feiler. Chuks should be the odd man out and Feiler back to his original position at right tackle. I'm glad however they are healthy again along the front.

As for Spillane, I'd rather see he and Williamson in there together. Again, I'm glad they are somewhat healthy again. VS did miss some time with an injury this week and I hope it doesn't make him even more ineffective against the browns run game. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This!!!!!