1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Field conditions

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by funkysteelersfan, Aug 30, 2012.

1. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    What's up with the field. Every time someone makes cut or a tackle huge divots are coming up. It's usually not like this until late in the season.

2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The field is still recovering from the Batman movie.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Face it our field stinks........it must have something to do with the Pittsburgh weather......any chance we get turf?

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I remember last year the rooneys saying no way they are putting turf in and with bens comments on it i would say no way in hell

5. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The Heinz Field turf is really the laughing-stock of the league. I find it hard to believe that there's NOTHING they could put down that won't work. Goodness - it's kind of an embarassment. On the other hand - it does provide a certain home field advantage most of the time - last night notwithstanding.

6. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

we discussed this for 45 minutes last night on the game thread... and the conclusion was.. if you think its bad now.. wait till PITT starts playing on it on saturday before we play on sundays and then wait for the HS playoffs where it will then get play on friday nights.. saturdays and sundays.. thennnnnnnn throw in the bad non growing winter.. so if you think its bad now... just wait...

HINES

7. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    I may be wrong but it seemed to me that Spence's injury could be attributed to how easily the sod came up. I live in central PA and this is not a problem at local colleges or high schools. A college football field near my house sees heavy use with not only their own games but the local high school team and pop warner games and it has never been in as bad of shape as Heinz field was Thursday.

8. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

THE GUYS IN THE BURG SAID... that it got messed up during the filming of the batman movie and hes not grown right yet.. but with all the heat and sun and water how the H can it now grow.. whats its gona be like when PITT starts uning it .. and then the HS playoffs and no sun ot regrow new grass...

HINES