1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fichtner Pegged as New OC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mgsmooth, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Where do you get that from? I seriously doubt a QB coach has any input into what play gets called during the game.

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He was moved to the sideline as a buffer. I'm guessing that means he's probably in Ben's ear and not Haley. I know you don't want him changing plays, but damn if Ben is asking for sneek let him sneak and blame it on Ben...

3. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I think Haley's time is up with the weapons at hand and the poor red zone performance the last three years we need a change. The short passing game,the talent of the Oline and Munch's coaching have given Ben more time and less hits.
    There are too many times when Ben has the time and can't find an open receiver that has to be on the OC and route tree design.

Brown is almost uncover-able except for a few elite corners that get away with holding. Rogers looks to be a shifty speed slot . Ju Ju is a Hinds Ward in the making big strong good hands and deceptive speed. Bryant is a tough match up with his combination of size and speed. James is dependable and improving. McDonald if he continues to improve his catch ratio has a high ceiling. Then there is the wild card in Bell either split out or coming out of the back field.

I don't see another team in the league with anywhere close to this talent on offense, why are they not scoring >30 pts a game.

I mean the Pats put up huge numbers year after year with one world class TE and a bunch of shifty little white guys, when one gets injured they just plug in another one. Does anyone think Edelman or Amendola would put up the numbers they do in any other system.

With good play design one if not two of our guys should be in a good match up and open. Our offense has become very predictable. In some games we have the lead and then get the ball back with 3 mins on the clock and Haley trots out the extra lineman and we run the ball and get stuffed no gain so lets do that again result second and 8.
    Now it either a risky pass against a full out rush or plow into the line and concede the we are punting. It is painful to watch. Most times we hung on to win but just barely.